Forum Upgrade

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
To completely log out of the site lately, I've had to do it twice otherwise it remains logged in. Anyone else having this problem lately? I'm using Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Jedi Daniel said:
To completely log out of the site lately, I've had to do it twice otherwise it remains logged in. Anyone else having this problem lately? I'm using Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7

Which logout link/button are you using?

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm. I'm also using firefox and I'm not having this problem. I'll look into it and see if I can find out what's going on.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I tested this with a regular user account on the site, using windows xp and firefox 1.0.7 and still can't find any problems.

What sort of operating system are you using?

When you're logged in on the home page, try doing a hard refresh: ctrl+F5 (assuming your on a windows machine) and then try to logout.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm noticing that the forum has been setting cookies at the subdomain level (ie "forums.thebothanspy.com"). I have a few site improvements coming down the road that will require the cookie to be changed to simply "thebothanspy.com" so that it can be accessed from other parts of the site (not just in the forums).

So, I went ahead and made that change. It is possible that you may have both cookies existing on your computer at this time and this may cause issues (such as not being able to log out). If this were to occur, you can correct it by manually erasing the cookies stored in your browser (or specifically deleting the TBS cookie).

I'm not sure if this will be a problem or not. I would appreciate any feedback you might have if you discover a problem. I can most likely write something that will take care of it for everyone.