Damn trekkies!

Dark Jedi

Banned
AAAAH! Satan and his demons have returned to earth!
trekkies.gif

lol, but no seriously, is anyone else annoyed by the constantly growing number of trekkies who keep insulting Star Wars? Two members of my family bash star wars every time I bring it up! Please tell me if you know anyone like this, and if anyone has a solution to this crap! Maybe post a link to a retarded trekkie site, well whatever, please reply to this.

Which one are you DJ?;)

I like Star Trek fine. My dad and brother in law are Trekkies (not like above).

I watch Star Trek when I get off work. I don't worship it.

Dark Jedi

Banned
I am not in that pic, I found it on the net, and I don't hate Star Trek, I like it a bit, I just hate trekkies.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Well, DJ has a point in that Star Trek lends itself very well to "Extreme Trekkism" (I'm copyrighting that word now), the kind that easily leads to humiliation (I daresay justifiably so sometimes).

Not that there aren't extreme SW fans. :looking: Nor is there anything wrong with thouroughly enjoying either universe.

Bashing each other though is a moot point in my opinion---it's like trying to compare an apple to a canteloupe...they're two different things. All they really have in common is the word STAR.

I'm a ST fan myself, although I don't get cable now, so I'm out of the loop on Enterprise for now :(

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I'm a SciFi fan, so I like Star Wars, Star Trek and alot of other SciFi shows. I've recently been watching Babylon 5 and it irritates me a little. At first I didn't understand what was annoying me but after deep thought I came to the conclusion that there were two major problems with the show: humans were too major a species and religion was too central. As society moves toward science and technology they move away from religion, but all the major races were very very religious. It was just something little, but it didn't fit in the scheme of possible realities which killed the suspension of disbelief and killed the show in some ways, although if ignored you saw some very good storytelling. I've actually seen the entire series and am working on Crusades.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
I'm with Zepp on this one. love SciFi in all shape and form as long as it's done well and with good storylines.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Babylon 5 is FULL of mumbo-jumbo and incomprehensible nonsense (at least to start with, I never bothered watching any further than about season 1 or 2) ... plus it has the very silly silent space battles set to ballet music. :rolleyes:

On the Star Trek front, Enterprise is moving timeslots (in the US) and has had it's current season shortened ... both leading to rumours of cancellation. Another rumor is that one of Berman & Braga (aka Beavis & Butthead) is about to get replaced by Paramount, I'm not sure which one since they both seem to be clones of each other and are both as thick as bricks.

If you want to annoy real Star Trek fans, simply say "Berman & Braga (are gods)" or "Enterprise TV show (is excellent with well thought-out stories)" - but don't mention the replacement / cancellation rumors. ;)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
RE: Star *

Dressing up like your favorite character from ANY movie and going out in public is generally a very bad idea.

Arguing about Star Trek and Star Wars is pointless because, clearly, they're both successful series. It's just a matter of personal preference as to which you enjoy more.

Bash Starman all you want, but leave Star Trek, Stargate and Star Wars alone.

;)

Actually.....

Trekkie: Is a Star Trek nut that dresses for conventions, knows how to speak Klingon and can tell you just about any Star Trek fact.

Trekker: Is just someone who loves Star Trek and knows about every episode.

I too am a Sci fi fan. I like alot of different movies (not much for the TV shows).

Battle Star Galactica is definately in my top 10. The new one is pretty cool also.;)

Nightwing

New Recruit
haven't actually seen the film, but ADORE Carpenter. If it wasn't for him, there probably would be no ALIEN film

Barada

Saboteur
Originally posted by Nightwing
haven't actually seen the film, but ADORE Carpenter. If it wasn't for him, there probably would be no ALIEN film

Nightwing, Alien is great, and so is Carpenter, but I don't understand how Carpenter could lead to Alien.

His only hit to that point was Halloween the year before Alien came out. He also had Assault on Precinct 13, but that was hardly a film that would inspire people.

I can think of a few possible inspirations for Alien, but slasher flicks like Halloween would not be among them.

Barada

Nightwing

New Recruit
Dark Star - 1974

Low-budget story of four astronauts in deep space, whose mission is to destroy unstable planets in star systems which are to be colonised. The late Commander Powell is stored in deep freeze, where he is still able to offer advice. As their mission nears completion, they must cope with a runaway alien which resembles a beach-ball, faulty computer systems, and a "smart bomb" who thinks it is God

sound familiar?

this was the basis from which Alien was written. Dan O'Bannon wrote Dark Star along with Carpenter, and went on to write the screenplay for Alien. Some great documentaries on the Alie Quadrilogy, including one on Dark Star

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Unfortunarly they outnumbered us in the hot actress department.

We got Carrie Fisher (in gold bikini), Natalie Portman, Kiera Knigthley, Shannon Baska, Amy Allen, Michonne Bourriague.

They got Nichelle Nichols, Kirstie Alley, Asley Judd, Persis Khambatta, Kim Cattral, Famke Janssen, Teri Hatcher, Nana Visitor, Jolene Blalock, Denise Crosby, Marina Sirtis, Terry Farrell, Nicole de Boer, Jerry Ryan, etc...

Please, feel free to add to the list if I forgot someone.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
IG-PPO, Star Trek has also had 4 series and is working on their 5th, and more movies than Star Wars. So while they may have more gross it doesn't mean they have a higher percentile...

Can you work up a hotty:eek:ther ratio so tat we can really see who has more hotties per minute...

Nightwing

New Recruit
quality, not quantity.

But if anyone tells me that Next Gen and Wrath of Khan is crap, I'll not be responsible for what happens next!