003 - James Earl Jones (Voice of Darth Vader)

gmess

New Recruit
Startiger is showing 10 new results of people receiving their items back within the last 2 days, most, if not all, from January! Weird how people that sent theirs in March got theirs back in May, and now JEJ must be catching up on his mail from January! Maybe he took a break for a few months after the death of his father late last year. All in all, what a great guy JEJ must be to sit down and return what must have been a HUGE stack of fan mail! Here's hoping starwarsfan and BountyCK's pics show up any day now!

Hats off to you Mr. Jones!

My dream came true.I got items back today.JEJ signed 6 cards for me.What a great success!!!Thank you so much,Mr.Jones:p

JamesEarlJonesCards.jpg

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Dear Mr. Jones,

Please personalize and sign star_wars_fan's photos TODAY and send them to him before he moves :eek: He's been waitng for a VERY LOOOOOOOONG Time!

Thanks!! :D

RYAN-J :)

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
It is with GREAT pleasure and excitement that I inform the group that I received my picture back signed today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Mr. Jones - if you ever read this thread, thank you so much for the extra care that was taken with my photo and definitely for signing it. There was an extra cardboard backing placed in the envelope and even the extra postage to cover that weight. Wow, I can't explain how thrilled I am right now.

This successfully completes my picture which includes James Earl Jones, Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch, and Jason Wingreen. I met Dave Prowse at the Dallas Sci Fi Expo last year and got the addresses for the other three from this group. So I definitely thank you guys as well!

Let me explain how the stars aligned. As you read earlier, I had pretty much written off getting my picture back signed in good shape b/c we just moved into an apartment while they are building our new house. To make things a little worse, we just got back from vacation and I figured (1) if I didn't hold my mail it would get bent up if it came back while I was gone, and (2) there was no way the post office would keep it unbent after holding my mail for a week. I went to the post office today and picked up my mail, sure enough everything was rolled up, smashed, and rubberbanded together. Fortunately, no big yellow envelopes. I was slightly relieved but still worried that the postman would bend it up cramming it into our mailbox if it ever arrived since there's so little room in there. However, I got home, went to the mailbox, and there was my JEJ envelope with one other small letter included. It was very warped but not bent so I had hope. After I opened it, I realized that there was not a single bend or damage at all, it should lie flat after a few days under press!!!!!!

Wow, thanks again Mr. Jones and thanks to the group for making this one happen. Without question, my favorite piece!!!! Woo-hoo!!!!! :D :D :D

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
Congrats! It's always a bit scary to send out pre-signed photos. After SW Weekends I have almost finally completed my Bounty Hunter shot. Right now it's signed by James Earl Jones, Jason Wingreen, Alan Harris & Jeremy Bulloch. All I need now is Prowse, who I'm praying will be at Dragoncon.

Attachments

• Bounty Hunters.jpg
    Bounty Hunters.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 527

Sevb30

New Recruit
Great to hear that both of you got back your photos, love to see a scan of your completed one, starwarsfan!

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I'm so happy for you star_wars_fan!!! Now I'm off to the ER to have my fingers untwisted :eek: :eek: JUST KIDDING!! OH! Did you send any other photos along with your 8x10 to be signed too?

RYAN-J

Matt

New Recruit
Excellent news star_wars_fan!
I'm hoping mine won't be far behind, I sent it about a month after you. I 'm really hoping it will arrive before the 12th so I can take it to Celebration and add Billy Dee to it but I think my chances are slim.

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
I'll definitely post it once I get the scanner set back up (the move is still being unpacked). Ryan, thanks for crossin' those fingers for months, your posts were cracking me up. Just send me the medical bills!!!

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Sarasotarockstr;75773 said:
Congrats! It's always a bit scary to send out pre-signed photos. After SW Weekends I have almost finally completed my Bounty Hunter shot. Right now it's signed by James Earl Jones, Jason Wingreen, Alan Harris & Jeremy Bulloch. All I need now is Prowse, who I'm praying will be at Dragoncon.

That's a great pic! I'm not seeing Dragoncon on his website (http://www.darthvader-starwars.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2&Itemid=19). Does it look like any of the ones that are listed?

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Here are the pics. Both of them will look grainy b/c my scanner is dirty and they are in plastic sleeves (didn't want to scratch them at this stage) but they are in perfect condition. Thanks again for all the help fellas!

Attachments

• Awesome20.jpg
    Awesome20.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 548
  • Jones2.jpg
    Jones2.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 557

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
Prowse is a fairly regular guest at DragonCon. I saw a comment on his guest book from a guy that met him in San Francisco recently who said "hope to see you in Atlanta" so I'm hoping something might have been said.

He's not listed on the DragonCon site - but hope remains eternal. He's not booked during that time, and DragonCon is WAY behind on updating their guest list. For example, Peter Mayhew has had the con on his page for weeks, yet he's not mentioned on the Con site.

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Sarasotarockstr;75798 said:
Prowse is a fairly regular guest at DragonCon. I saw a comment on his guest book from a guy that met him in San Francisco recently who said "hope to see you in Atlanta" so I'm hoping something might have been said.

He's not listed on the DragonCon site - but hope remains eternal. He's not booked during that time, and DragonCon is WAY behind on updating their guest list. For example, Peter Mayhew has had the con on his page for weeks, yet he's not mentioned on the Con site.

Sounds promising. Best of luck!

Jay

New Recruit
I'm sending out a request hopefully this week. Just waiting on an order from OfficialPix.

Just got mine back:

jej1.jpg

jej2.jpg

Im thinking about taking the bottom one to CE to get signed by Hamill but cant decide if the £85 price tag is justified

gmess

New Recruit
Nice success, jedicouncil! When did you send it out, recently? Or were you waiting months like the rest of the guys?

Thanks!