003 - James Earl Jones (Voice of Darth Vader)

gmess

New Recruit
Another success reported today at rebelscum in this thread here: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2574055&Main=2432851#Post2574055

reportedly took 3 months

Checked out startiger after the news and there is one success a few days ago as well:

startiger.com said:
Type: Success
Sent: 03/07/2007 - Rcvd: 05/14/2007 (68 Days)
Tester's comment: "not sure of date sent out but got nice signed picture of him :) loved his voices in Click + Star Wars never saw any Star War movies but still love the voice i can imitate it perfectly as my friends say :)"

Good news for all you guys that have been waiting! :)

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
This could be the news I have been waiting for!!!! Thanks for the update, I'll be checking the mail with eager anticipation now! Thanks again.

RockiesFan33

New Recruit
Hello everyone. I've been a long-time lurker on this forum, but this is my first post. I'm an active member at fanmail.biz and SportsCollector.net. This forum is really helpful. I received my James Earl Jones autograph in the mail yesterday. Here are the details:

Sent letter, 5x7 photo and SASE on: 3/7/07
Received my photo signed on: 5/21/07
Sent to: c/o Horatio Productions Inc, PO Box 610, Pawling NY 12564

Photo:
JamesEarlJones.jpg

Envelope:
JEJenvelope.jpg

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Welcome to the site RockiesFan33! I'm glad you like the site. Thanks for sharing your awesome success with us. Things are looking up for JEJ requesters. :)

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Yep, congrats dude and welcome. This is getting better and better. I'm hoping to see the one I sent on 1/4/07 some time soon!

colin the hutt

New Recruit
cant remember exaxtly when i sent it think it was some time in october recived a signed and dedeicated jej this morning very happy from the uk

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
I am so bummed right now. Bittersweet day. We sold our house but after the initial excitement passed I realized we would be moving into an apartment soon b/c our new house won't be ready until December. We looked at apartments today and of course they all had the standard tiny tiny mailboxes all crammed together. My first horrifying thought was that my JEJ triple-signed pic hasn't come back yet. If it ever does, it will undoubtedly be bent beyond recognition to get it into that box. I need everybody to cross their fingers for me and hope it comes in within the next 12 days!!!!!!! Wish me luck! :( :( :( :(

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Couldn't you have the delivery man bring it up to your apartment door? Hopefully he'll see the DO NOT BEND! sign on the envelope and will be nice enough to put it on your doorstep. I've got my fingers crossed for ya!

RYAN-J

Sevb30

New Recruit
star_wars_fan, being the most of signatures on the photo are not all that hard to obtain. I'd try send another photo to Wingreen and later to Jeremy Bulloch as they are really easy to get TTM and they sign for free. There is still a decent chance you'll get it back from Jones someday, but in the meantime I'd work on another photo getting the same signatures. Maybe in the end you'll have two!

RockiesFan33

New Recruit
Here's my experience with bent mail:

In my opinion, the best thing you can do is meet your mailman. I went by and met my mailman the other day as he was delivering mail to our community boxes. I brought him a bottle of water and talked with him for a moment. I never mentioned my mail being bent, which it has been on occassion, but ever since that day, my large envelopes are laid flat in the box, no rubber bands have been used on the envelopes and on the days when I've had multiple large envelope returns, he's laid them on my front porch step. I never told him that they were autographs, just nice photographs in the envelopes. You may want to try that tactic if you keep getting smashed envelopes in the mailbox.

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
All great points, thanks! I have several Do Not Bend stamps on it so hopefully that will help. I definitely think the approach about trying to get another copy of it signed is something I need to do. I believe Dave Prowse will be back in Dallas in October as well so that would help. Thanks everybody!

Sevb30

New Recruit
Update! On startiger.com, yesterday (June 18, 2007) 3 or 4 different people got their photos back signed, and all were sent to Jones in January.

Sevb30

New Recruit
Just got my workplace mail and got the two photos back signed I sent to him in January. So I am hoping starwarsfan gets his anyday now!