001 - Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_McGregor.jpg

For our first project, let’s try and get an autograph from Ewan McGregor. Have you read the How To Request Autographs thread? Good. Then all you need to do is write your letter and send off your stuff. :)

Ewan McGregor is best known to Star Wars fans as Obi-Wan Kenobi in the prequel movies. He of course has starred in countless other major motion pictures, and many not-so-major ones too. Star Wars trivia to note is that Ewan is the nephew of Denis Lawson, the actor who played Wedge Antilles in the classic trilogy.

You can check out Ewan’s IMDB filmography and short biography here.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000191/

Ewan has also done interviews in Star Wars Insider Magazine issues 41, 60, 72, and 81.

Ewan for years has been very good about signing for his fans. However, popularity has obviously caught up with him and he rarely has the time to personally sign and inscribe items you send to him. I’m not saying it won’t happen, but odds are against it unless you have a really good letter or cause. The good news is he does periodically sit down and sign stacks of B&W 5X7 photos, which are in turn sent out in response to autograph requests.

Also, it would appear that Mr. McGregor uses his own envelopes to return items and send out photos. I would highly recommend sending your own envelope, and especially a correct form of postage (stamps or IRCs), out of common courtesy. Again, that can mean the difference in getting a response or not. Also, if you send your own item, it would appear that even if it isn’t signed, it is usually returned. :)

With that said, it’s all up to you now. The average response time seems to be 1-3 months, but this could of course change depending on Ewan’s schedule and availability of photos. Don’t forget to log when you sent your request. Post it here if you like.

Mr. Ewan McGregor
c/o PFD
34-43 Russell
London WC2B 5HA
United Kingdom

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

AmShak note:
The images below are at 200 dpi and should print out at 4.25 inches by 6.25 inches with the intention of trimming them down to 4” X 6”

Attachments

• 0001Ewan McGregor ep1 1.jpg
    0001Ewan McGregor ep1 1.jpg
    477.1 KB · Views: 513
  • 0001Ewan McGregor ep2 1.jpg
    0001Ewan McGregor ep2 1.jpg
    369.7 KB · Views: 507
  • 0001Ewan McGregor ep2 2.jpg
    0001Ewan McGregor ep2 2.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 496
  • 0001Ewan McGregor ep3 1.jpg
    0001Ewan McGregor ep3 1.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 518
  • 0001Ewan McGregor ep3 2.jpg
    0001Ewan McGregor ep3 2.jpg
    550.3 KB · Views: 512

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Re: TBS Autograph Project 001 - Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

The letter is...away!! :)

I'll post if I get a response. :D

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member

wookiee_cookiee said:
The letter is...away!! :)

I'll post if I get a response. :D

surely this isn't your first letter to ewan?

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member

AmShak said:
surely this isn't your first letter to ewan?

I think I sent one to his representation in California (I think it was CAA) but I never got any response. That was a few years ago.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

I'm gonna send out a request on Wednesday. Turns out I didn't have any envelopes myself :p

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops

I want to do these projects, but I'm falling behind. I'm finally finished with this job and I'm moving back home! Yipee! I've been away from home for a year and a half. Luckily my family has been able to spend some of that time with me out here. Once I have finished moving back home, I should have some time that I can devote to this. I may try to find some time in during the move. We'll see what happens.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member

darthskelington said:
I'm gonna send out a request on Wednesday. Turns out I didn't have any envelopes myself :p

I asked for the IRC's at the post office and they looked at me like I had three heads. Then the one person asked the other, "Do we even have those anymore?" And the one said, "Yes, they are in the safe." They had 4, and I bought 2. They were $1.75 each. I couldn't figure out if I had to attach them to my reply envelope, so I just stuffed them in with the letter. :D The postal clerk said it had been a long time since they sold any of those.

Jedi_Joel

Agent

wookiee_cookiee said:
I couldn't figure out if I had to attach them to my reply envelope, so I just stuffed them in with the letter. :D The postal clerk said it had been a long time since they sold any of those.
Well WC, you did good by just putting them in because you're not supposed to attach them. ;) Think of them as being a gift certificate for a free stamp each.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

wookiee_cookiee said:
they looked at me like I had three heads.........Yes, they are in the safe."

Told you that would happen, I did. Mmmmm. :p

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith

Okay, I missed a bit here.

I know, I know, its written elsewhere in another thread (probably) but its late (midnight), I'm tired, summer finally happened so its all clammy and sticky, my coffee went cold, we ran out of cookies, pepsi leaked in the fridge (yuck!) and its only :toed: Tuesday....so I'm gonna ask the stoopid question -

Whats an IRC?

Anyone who replies 'Internet Relay Chat' will find themselves posted to the Outer Rim ;)

Yoda Man

New Recruit

I've been meaning to participate, but I have so much to do, I can't do anything until this weekend.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member

Darth Boru said:
Okay, I missed a bit here.

I know, I know, its written elsewhere in another thread (probably) but its late (midnight), I'm tired, summer finally happened so its all clammy and sticky, my coffee went cold, we ran out of cookies, pepsi leaked in the fridge (yuck!) and its only :toed: Tuesday....so I'm gonna ask the stoopid question -

Whats an IRC?

Anyone who replies 'Internet Relay Chat' will find themselves posted to the Outer Rim ;)
Borsk slaps Darth Boru with a large trout.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Borsk said:

So does Skel :smack:

I'd explain it, but it's much easier if you just scroll down to the postage section of the How to Request Autographs thread.

Not sure how postage works in the UK. You might not need an IRC if you can get postage good for use in England.

Nightwing

New Recruit

I think you're gonna have a VERY long wait, seeing as ewan has just started his run in the westend on Guys & Dolls

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith

Borsk said:

Ow!!!

hehe, had some sleep and followed the thread left by Skel.

Meesa understandie now, thankies.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member

I got an autographed pic back today! It is smaller than I expected (3 x 5), but I like it. They didn't use my envelope and it had a 40p stamp on it, so if anyone else is writing to him, you probably don't have to send an envelope or IRC.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Congrats on your score WC. :) I'm still waiting on mine. The IRC probably isn't necessary with Ewan, but you can't realy tell. They exchange IRCs at their post office in exchange for stamps. So..the stamp on that envelope could have been bought with your IRC.

You ought to post a pic sometime. Perhaps with you clutching the framed photo dearly to your heart. :D