Contest begins now and it's the biggest ever! Join us in a two-week
competition that will test your investigative skills. Within the pages
of the unified sites you will find clues to solving the greatest
mystery of the Star Wars Universe: the death of Jabba the Hutt. It's a
Star Wars "Infinities" murder mystery where you assist Ephant Mon
(Jabba's trusted confidant) in determining the guilty party among a
long list of underworld cutthroats, criminals and hooligans. Find the
gamepieces that will lead you to the suspects, then make your
determination and incriminate the culprit!

And what Unified Site Contest would be complete without a large cache
of bounty to be won! Our newest contest has THREE prizes levels
culminated from the generous sites and sponsors of AllTroops.com, The
Bothan Spy, Snowtroopers.ca, Jedi Temple Archives, Yakface's Realm, The
Custom Alliance, FFURG and Rebelscum.com!

For more information on rules, gameplay, prizes and more, visit the
Unified Site Contest III gamesite

Good luck to everyone!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I will go ahead and say this ... and it probably won't make any sense until you start to play ... but much of the information is duplicated in some form or another. This means that you could solve the the problem without finding every hidden banner. this also means that once you've been into the game for a while and have found many of the hidden banners that link to info pages, you will start to find info that you are already aware of. This wasn't done to make everyone look for more banners .... one of the things that i kept hearing from previous games was that people could find all but the last one or two banners. So, this should help in that area.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
gpbarada.gif
gpbib.gif
gpbubo.gif
gpjquille.gif
gpleia.gif
gpluke.gif
gpmalakili.gif
gpreeyees.gif
gptessek.gif
gpyarna.gif

I'm sure everyone wants to know what it is exactly they are looking for and these are what the banners look like.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Something else that is very important ......

once you get to the solution page and are ready to solve the game .... spelling is very important, so double check what you enter.

You only get one chance to solve the game.

Yoda Man

New Recruit
So Far I'm Stumped!! All I've found so far is Fortuna and Yees! Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i don't think i can give you the kind of hints you would like. I think if you found a page with Ishi Tib on it, you must be doing better than most since i don't recall him being part of the game.

one thing that i did mean to mention before ...

It may already say this in the game intro or rules but each site has two and only two banners. once you find two banners at a certain site, there is little point in looking around that site for more.

another thing that i'm not sure is mentioned anywhere is how long this game lasts. unless the USC sites come up with a good reason to shorten or extend the game, the game will last for 3 weeks. at the end of 3 weeks, the winners will be selected and i will post direct links to the pages where the banners are hidden for each site.

I have already received qute a few entries. all but 1 were not even close. I just want to remind everyone again, not to guess if you plan on trying to solve the game. you are only allowed one attempt at a solution.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i was corrected ... i guess i should read my own posts more carefully.

the game is scheduled to last for 2 weeks but i wouldn't be surprised if it gets extended for a 3rd.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
yes, every site has two hidden banners. like i said before though, you shouldn't have to find every banner to be able to solve the game.

as everyone who has looked at the game has seen (i assume), there are an uneven number of suspects, locations and weapons. This means that some of the clues are duplicated and i think you could find a few of them 3 times if you found all of the banners. this means that figuring out the weapon should be easier than figuring out the suspect.

another example of what you might find (an this is just an example, so don't mark these off your list) is a page that has Leia with the Vibro-Axe in the Kitchen. You might also find a page that has Barada with the Vibro-Axe in the Guest Quarters or you might find Bib Fortuna with the Force Pike in the Kitchen.

*in this example* ... all of that info, you would mark off your list because you now know that they are not involved in the solution. This is VERY much like the game Clue.

You should not find the same set of clues on more than one page. most of the clues repeat but each time with what will probably be new info.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i'd also like to hear any feedback anyone has on the game (good or bad). we take a lot of time setting these contests up and getting all of the sites involved organized. In the end it is just meant to be fun and to promote and strengthen our community.

jman5544

New Recruit
So just to make sure, in your example above, I would know that Liea, Barada, and Bib are not the killer, the vibro-axe and force pike were not the weapons used, and Jabba was not killed in either the kitchen or the guest quarters right? Sorry if this is a dumb question - just making sure we don't need to match two components to exclude them. Thanks!

JR

Lenny Fett

New Recruit
jman5544 said:
So just to make sure, in your example above, I would know that Liea, Barada, and Bib are not the killer, the vibro-axe and force pike were not the weapons used, and Jabba was not killed in either the kitchen or the guest quarters right? Sorry if this is a dumb question - just making sure we don't need to match two components to exclude them. Thanks!

JR

Same question from me!

bedlam412

Scoundrel
As far as I understand, that is correct.

AmShak - this contest is great IMO ... I like the way it's set up like Clue - much better than last year's contest. :rock:

Plus like you said it does promote the community ... I've seen some really cool things at the sites I don't normally frequent just by searching around for clues .... Really excellent job to all who worked on putting this one together!
:worship:

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
jman5544 said:

JR

that is correct for this example. you do not need to find any of the clues more than once to solve the game.

as another *example* ....

let's say that the solution is Leia with the Vibro-Axe in the Audience Chambers. You will not find Leia, the Vibro-Axe or the Audience Chamber on any of the pages that the hidden banners link to.

Jaguar

New Recruit
Am I reading this right? There's ten suspects, and eight sites. With two per site, that should be sixteen suspects, not ten. Does that mean only two sites have two suspects?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jaguar said:
Am I reading this right? There's ten suspects, and eight sites. With two per site, that should be sixteen suspects, not ten. Does that mean only two sites have two suspects?

There are 10 suspects. Since this is a process of elimination, then you need to remove one of the suspects since he/she is the killer. this means that there are at least 9 hidden banners that link to a unique suspect. The other 7 banners have one of the suspects duplicated.

If you are lucky, the first 9 hidden banners you find will give you a "clue" to a new suspect. More likely, you will come across a suspect that you are already aware of before you find the 9 who did not do it.

I'm not sure if i did a good job of explaining that or not, so let's try it this way .......

There are 8 sites involved.

each site has two hidden banners which link to a page that is unique to that banner.

this means there are 16 banners hidden which link to unique game pages.

there are 10 suspects but since one of them is the killer, then there are only 9 to be found.

Some of the clues to the suspects are duplicated.

Since the game pages are unique, the the information must be different. for example, if you found a page with luke, it would also reveal information about a weapon and location. If you found another page with luke, the weapon and location clues should be different than what you found on the first page with luke. Depending upon how deep you are into the game, the new weapon and location clues may or may not be helpful in the solution.

The suspect will be the most difficult to figure out of the 3 parts to the solutions. Most of this information is duplicated throughout the game.

There are 16 hidden banners to be found, but you should be able to solve the game w/o finding all of them. If you got lucky, you "could" solve the game with only finding 9 of them.

Did that answer your question?

Rancisis

Jedi Trainer
Finally got some time to do some searching.
Down to 3 suspects. Got the weapon and location though.

As for comments, I have problems with some of the websites.

As said before, YakFace.com has tons of link with broken images, 'causing my browser to crash all the time.
Wich is really annoying, since I stopped searching there.

RebelScum.com is way to big to start searching.
I searched a bit on the top surface, but there's no way I'm going to view every figure in their archive.

FFURG.com has made it too hard in my opinion.
I think I viewed every page, and checked all links to the images, but didn't find anything.

TheCustomAlliance didn't turn anything up in my search either.
But that more due to a lach of navigation on their site <grin>
I mean, if you go to their site, there are only links to about 10 pages :-/

The others were more fun to do, so cudos to those. ;o)

Jaguar

New Recruit
So do I put my real name, or can I put my screenname into the assumption? I'd prefer just to put in Jaguar.