Unified Site Contest 3

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Jaguar said:
So do I put my real name, or can I put my screenname into the assumption? I'd prefer just to put in Jaguar.
As long as you include your real e-mail address, I don't believe it matters what name you use.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Jaguar said:
Nice, thanks.
If you win, you may be asked for both names (just so the sites can post something nice about you winning). As long as you include the correct solution and a valid way contact you, you should be good to go.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
SO....has anyone actually found a link at Rebelscum, Custom Alliance, or the FFURG? I'm just wondering whatr the odds are of actually finding their links ;)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
darthskelington said:
SO....has anyone actually found a link at Rebelscum, Custom Alliance, or the FFURG? I'm just wondering whatr the odds are of actually finding their links ;)
In many cases, the banners are not randomly hidden. It might pay off to spend some time thinking about why a particular site might have put a banner in a particular spot.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thanks for the info both of you. I noticed that on some of the clues I already found Borsk. I'll see if I can apply that to the ones I need.

BTW, when does the Contest officially end (assuming the 2-week deadline)?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
no one has said anything about an extension ... maybe they're waiting on me to do that .... but i would still say that there is a good chance it will be extended for another week.

if it does not get extended, then the game will end this sunday night.

Guttersnipe

New Recruit
I got X2 Jedi Temple, X2 Alltroops, X2 Snowtroopers, X2 Bothan Spy, X1 FFURG, X2 Rebelscum and X2 Yakface X0 Custom Alliance.

13 out of 16

Enough to make a guess, I really could not find the other three and damn did I look long and hard.

I guess it helps if you know the site.

Rancisis

Jedi Trainer
Here's what I have so far:
2x AllTroops.com
2x TheBothanSpy.com
2x JediTempleArchives.com
2x Snowtroopers.ca
1x YakFace.com

A little off topic, but this just has to get off my chest.
Just noticed that I'm too late to enter Watto's Lotto.
And it seems my usual numbers were picked, but in a different order.
Makes me wanna bang my head on the table, you know the feeling?
Loussy time zones, when will I learn?!?
<goes off to bang head on table>

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Sounds like you've found the same ones I have Rancisis.

Sorry to hear about your poor timing :(

Here's a story for you. A trick to winning "in person" door prizes is to crumple up your entry (doesn't apply to "number ticket" drawings). Once you've filled out your entry, crumple it up however you like, and then uncrumple it some. When the drawer is rummaging around in the pot for a random entry, the not so random crumpled one trends to wind up drawn. I've won drawings like this before.

Now the story: I was at a small comic/toy show in Baton Rouge several years ago now, and happened to get there late enough for a few hourly drawings, and the final grand prize drawing. Grand prize was $500 credit to any of the dealers there. OF course, you had to be present to win, and no too many people were left at the show(40 or less). So, they kept drawing name after name of people not there. It must have gone on for a good 5 minutes of drawing names. AND.........this was the one time I forgot to crumple my entry. :banghead:

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
mynock11 said:
Has anyone found any on rebel scum? or custom alliance?

I'll have to double check this but you should be able to solve it w/o finding those banners.... but, if you want to find them anyway, i would look at things that seem to be related to the game or perhaps to one of the sites involved.

mynock11

Sith Medic
AmShak said:
I'll have to double check this but you should be able to solve it w/o finding those banners.... but, if you want to find them anyway, i would look at things that seem to be related to the game or perhaps to one of the sites involved.

Thanks amshak!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
also, once the game is complete, i will post direct links to the pages where all of the banners are hidden so that the people who played can see where they were and for anyone who didn't play, can go around and check it out.