Ugh

Yoda Man

New Recruit
What is the point of the Ultimate Galctic Hunt? It really doesn't seem that special. The only reason to me to collect these would be to get the VOTC and get the Lucas figure. Is there something I am missing? The new figure packaging looks cooler, but why not make them all that way? All this is to me are variations I need to get because I'm a completist. Is there a reason I shoulf have picked up the silver Boba ship?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i don't know what to make of the ugh figs yet... from a collectors stand point. i have only found one so far. they don't really seem to be going for that much on ebay, so they don't seem that special yet.
but to answer your questions... yes, it's a way they can sell more of the same thing.

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
The VOTC's I can understand- a mail away offer for proof of purchase stamps or what ever (wish they would have picked regular figures over the VOTC at $10+ a pop)

The UGH variants with crome bases, foil packages and silver spray painted holo figure is just a way to sell more figures. Will I pick on up if I see it- absolutely. Will I try to get all of them- only if I don't have to pay an arm and a a leg for them (i.e. ebay)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
I'm not even sure what these figures look like. sounds like a bunch of re-packs from what I've read so far. Scam. Hate it when they do that.

Having said that, I've no interest in general 3.75" figures anymore, except for "rarities" (ha!) so I'll probably be after a Lucas stormie at some point. No doubt there will be several things against me on this :-

1. figures at $10 each.
2. Having to open them to get the mail away tokens.
3. Having to mail away and wait FOREVER.
4. Finding out its probably a USA only offer :toed: :censored: :banghead:

So, to cut a long story short, truth is I'll probably wait until GL is on ebay....

JEDI FREIJAN

a.k.a. Darth Kraam
SO , You think $10 a pop is alot. they VOTC are about $25 each , and then you need to destroy them to get the lucas stormtrooper!!!

Haven't seen much of the the new stuff in stores here yet.

by the way how is everyone . been a while for me.:)

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
ULTIMATE GALACTIC HUNT (CASE OF 12)
Ultimate Galactic Hunt Complete Set

Assortment : 85770

HAN SOLO
BOBA FETT
AT-AT DRIVER
SNOWTROOPER *
DARTH VADER
SCORCH
COMMANDER CODY *
ANAKIN SKYWALKER
OBI-WAN KENOBI
GENERAL GRIEVOUS

Order Code : 85770
Price : $ 174.00 AUS

Listed as preorder from Casefresh.com over here in Aus to ship May.....

Remember we in Aus pay around $14 to 15 AUD per normal figure....

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
JEDI FREIJAN said:
SO , You think $10 a pop is alot. they VOTC are about $25 each , and then you need to destroy them to get the lucas stormtrooper!!!

Haven't seen much of the the new stuff in stores here yet.

by the way how is everyone . been a while for me.:)

Hey Freij! good to hear from ya!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Darth Aussie said:
ULTIMATE GALACTIC HUNT (CASE OF 12)
Ultimate Galactic Hunt Complete Set

Assortment : 85770

HAN SOLO
BOBA FETT
AT-AT DRIVER
SNOWTROOPER *
DARTH VADER
SCORCH
COMMANDER CODY *
ANAKIN SKYWALKER
OBI-WAN KENOBI
GENERAL GRIEVOUS

Order Code : 85770
Price : $ 174.00 AUS

Listed as preorder from Casefresh.com over here in Aus to ship May.....

Remember we in Aus pay around $14 to 15 AUD per normal figure....

what does the "*" indicate and is that just a case assortment that "could" have the UGH figs?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Throughout the month of May, special limited edition "silver foil" chase figures will flow out to retail. Consisting of a foil package, a special vac-metal silver foil display base, and a silver-painted version of the hologram figure, these will be prized variations for the die-hard Star Wars collector.

There will be 10 different Silver Foil chase figures in all, with two foil variants included per case pack of 12 figures.
from starwars.com .... says that the holo fig is a silver painted fig but the one i have sure does look like it is pewter. it also says that the there are 2 per assortment.

Yoda Man

New Recruit
With 2 per assortment, isn't that only 1/6 th? Seems pretty low to me and not nearly that special. I also think the whole heroes and villains thing is a load of crap. Putting the 12 biggest pegwarmers in new packaging and selling them for about $2 more. Sadly, I know I'll give in because I love the new packaging

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
For those of you that don't like to open your stuff will be glad to know that the proof of purchase stamps from the votc figures are only inside the clamshell. So you don't have to tear open the carded figure. I have all but the biker scout. As I suspected, the Tusken raiders hidden elbow joints are swivels, not ball joints. And the Endor Han Solo's pants are the wrong color again! This time they're gray!