Star Wars Exhibition - Brussels

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Very cool exhibition, currently in place in 'Tour & Taxis' building Brussels. Will be there until June.

Saw plenty of cool stuff :-

Original models, maquettes, outfits, story boards, set furniture etc. Pretty much a full history of the movies. Very nice day out.

Check it out here

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
There were no restrictions on taking photos, but everything was poorly lit and behind glass, so pretty difficult to get a good photo. Below are a couple of the items on display.

Attachments

• Brussels - 170208 Yoda.GIF
    Brussels - 170208 Yoda.GIF
    356.4 KB · Views: 495
  • Brussels - 170208 Han.jpg
    Brussels - 170208 Han.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 490

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
There was a full size Vader armor, cleverly placed so you walk around a corner and find him blocking your path. More than a few people got a bit startled. Unfortunately, because of this positioning, it was REALLY impossible to get a good photo. Not sure which movie thats from, but I suspect its original trilogy.

Its below, for what its worth, along with a couple of interesting ROTJ items - prototype maquettes for Jabba and a Gamorrean Guard.

There were some things definitely specific to ROTS, like the actual Utapau landscape, models of various buildings and the bronze bust heads from the Jedi temple. I'll try to dig up a few photos of those, but I might need help from someone skilled in photoshop to make them even vaguely presentable.

Attachments

• Brussels - 170208 vader.jpg
    Brussels - 170208 vader.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 495
  • Brussels - 170208 pig proto.jpg
    Brussels - 170208 pig proto.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 520
  • Brussels - 170208 Jabba Proto.jpg
    Brussels - 170208 Jabba Proto.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 508

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Very nice! Looks similar to some of the other tours there have been. I've been lucky enough to attend the Magic of Myth Exhibition back in 2001(?) and the Science of Imagination Tour this past year in 2007. I believe the ROTS Vader costume is still a part of the Science tour, so the Brussels Vader is probably original trilogy. Of course, there are multiple costumes/helmets, so it's hard to keep track of them all, at least from a bystanders viewpoint.

Many of the items you've shown have not been on exhibit here in the US.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Sweet! Was the darth vader behind glass, or could you go up and touch it! :eek:

RYAN-J

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Absolutely everything was behind glass, couldn't touch anything. Thats why some of the photos I took are pretty bad. There's a lot of refections in the vader pic - but thats far from the worst photo taken.