Pick a Book for Borsk

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking for a Star Wars book or 2 to read while traveling. I used to read a lot, but haven't made time for it for the last few years. These are the Star Wars books I know I've read:
  • The Thrawn Trilogy (Zahn)
  • X-Wing Series
  • Darksaber (Anderson)
  • Tales from Jabba's Palace (Anderson)
  • Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina (Anderson)
  • Shadows of the Empire
  • The Truce at Bakura
  • The Han Solo Trilogy
  • The Han Solo Adventures
Pick the next one...

Jedi_Joel

Agent
I would recommend Labyrinth of Evil and Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. Both are excellent prequel novels that take place before and after EP3 respectively.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
I read the Thrawn trilogy again a few months back. I hope the powers to be would make some more EU figures from that .......

Labrinyth is good too......

DA

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
I would read The ROTS novel. If you have a good imagination the book really comes alive.:D IMO

RYAN-J:cool:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
RYAN-J said:
I would read The ROTS novel. If you have a good imagination the book really comes alive.:D IMO

RYAN-J:cool:
Actually, I have read the novelizations of the movies already. Forgot to include those.

Barada

Saboteur
Splinter of the Mind's Eye by Alan Dean Foster

He did ghostwriting on the ANH novelization, and this was the FIRST EU novel ever - it was released even before ESB was in theaters.

Barada

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Barada said:
Splinter of the Mind's Eye by Alan Dean Foster

He did ghostwriting on the ANH novelization, and this was the FIRST EU novel ever - it was released even before ESB was in theaters.

Barada
Yeah...read this book if you don't mind reading about Luke and Leia rolling around in the mud together while lusting after each other.:eek:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I recommend a Republic Commando book. Hard Contact is the first one, Triple Zero is thr second. I'm currently reading Triple Zero and it's already on my fave list. While it does hve the same characters from Hard Contact.....it's not literally a sequel....so you could start with it and not be too confused.

Although I prefer reading books in order whenever possible.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I finished reading Triple Zero...very good book. I still working on Targets...the short story int eh back that originally app[eared in SW Insider (And I somehow hadn't read yet). It takes place BEFORE TZ.....which I wish I had known beforehand :p..not that it's a big deal.

Labyrinth of Evil was another fave of mine..now that I think back on it.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Jedi_Joel said:
So Borsk, have you come to a conclusion?
Yeah, I picked up Labyrinth of Evil. I went looking for Dark Lord but couldn't find it, so I'll have to check that one out later.

Thanks for the suggestions. If I get around to it, I'll read 'em all.