Curse You Gentle Giant!

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Damn it, they &%&*ed it up again!

The Mara Jade and Shocktrooper busts were sold out yesterday afternoon, on their website, without any notice.:toedc: :censored: :toed:

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
They apparently sent out an email link, but not to very many people. word around is that the number of their Collectors Club Members who did NOT get a link (me included), far outnumbered those who did.

No explanation has been forthcoming from GG so far, and if their past expertise in customer relations is anything to go by, there will never be an explanation. Not one that actually explains things anyway!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i did get the email.... but i didn't realize i had gotten it until 4 hours after it was sent. of course the shocktrooper was gone, but i was able to order the mara jade.

i think i have made my feelings very clear on the way GG handles their customer base.

anyone check ebay and see what's going on there?

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Neat. :) I've found some of the Nerf dart guns to have a very Star Warsy look to them. I have one laying around somewhere that I picked up at a thrift store and hope to paint one day if I ever have a costume.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
They are probably dealers who were at the con.....like C3.....buy multiple admission passes...get access to buy more busts. Or..the usual have all your friends relatives buy one each so you can pay for your trip. :(

I don't blame anyone for buying multiples through acceptable means in order to help other collectors. And I can even undersand the temptation to make a quick buck....but I don't like it. I mean...I cuold have bought a Jedi Mickey at SW Weekends, brought it home, and easily sold it on ebay for $150 profit.....but I didn't.

Hey AmShak.....want to start a petition to get GG to change it's policies to reflect something more like what Sideshow is doing? It wouldn't be too hard to get the ball rolling and if it had enougyh interest, then you could make something formal of it. Eh?

Jedi_Joel

Agent
yahoovy5.jpg

Yaaahhoooooo!!

I just scored myself a Mara Jade bust at cost!

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
darthskelington said:
Hey AmShak.....want to start a petition to get GG to change it's policies to reflect something more like what Sideshow is doing? It wouldn't be too hard to get the ball rolling and if it had enougyh interest, then you could make something formal of it. Eh?
i'm not really a petition kind of guy and from my dealings with GG, they could care less. If you read the boards over at GG, the sideshow concept has been mentioned numerous times, so they are well aware of the concept.... i don't think they understand the concept .... but they were made aware of it by "everyone" who was unable to get the Blackhole Trooper.