CIV Its Offical

pushican

Lightning Bear
To celebrate the 30th Anniversary of "Star Wars," Lucasfilm Ltd. And Gen Con LLC will throw the largest party ever for fans of the saga, taking over the entire Los Angeles Convention Center in May 2007 for five days filled with live entertainment, celebrities from all six movies, special film and video presentations, an exhibit of movie props and costumes, exclusive merchandise sold at a 24-hour-a-day store, pop culture tributes, immersive events, costume contests, and scores of additional activities.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Plans are already brewing in the mind - time off work, flights, hotels, spending moeny.....gonna be tricky, but I'll get over there if I can!

Hope to see you guys there!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Here's the official logo for fo Celebration IV ...

0007738kw7.jpg

Not bad, although it really needs the date and perhaps location added underneath.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
They're really putting effort into this, are they not?? LMAO

You'd think at this stage they'd have enough 'arty' people around them to come up with something that melded new and old, reflecting the SW saga down through the years......

Apparently they dont!

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Although, compared to the Disney Star Wars Weekends logo this year, this one is way better.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Darth Boru said:
You'd think at this stage they'd have enough 'arty' people around them to come up with something that melded new and old, reflecting the SW saga down through the years......

It is a combination of the very original "Star Wars" logo (one that had George Lucas as Anakin) and the newer characters of Luke and Leia. :)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Yes, absolutely it is, but its just boring, plain boring.

I would have expected somthing a bit more exciting / flashy / eyecatching.

The 'Vader in Flames' logo from C3 was all those things imho, this one totally is not, for me at least.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i don't like the font that they used and it should be in the image... perhaps in the black area under "star wars". i prefer this over the flaming vader... i was never a fan of that for the logo or with all of the packaging.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
It's less exciting, but I think it'll look better on a shirt (compared to c3 logo).

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i think something like this would look better. it could still use the date and location, but that might not be something you would want on "everything" they're going to stamp with this thing.

Attachments

• logotemp.jpg
    logotemp.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 390

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that's better. Although I don't like the space around the "A" in that font.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Here's your "A". Although I hate this.

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 381