Celebration IV autograph list

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The latest StarWars.com email newsletter gives this list of stars who are planned to be at Celebration IV for autographs (of course it may change) ...

Carrie Fisher - Princess Leia (Original Trilogy)
Anthony Daniels - C3PO (Saga) plus cameo in TPM
Kenny Baker - R2-D2 (Saga)
Peter Mayhew - Chewbacca (Original Trilogy, RotS)
David Prowse - Darth Vader (Original Trilogy)
Paul Blake - Greedo (ANH)
Richard Bonehill - Snowtrooper, Rebel soldier, tauntaun (TESB)
Michonne Bourriague - Aurra Sing (TPM)
Michael Carter - Bib Fortuna (RotJ)
John Coppinger - Puppeteer, Jabba the Hutt (RotJ)
Sean Crawford - Yak Face and Mon Calamari officer (RotJ)
Tim Dry - J'Quille (Whiphid) and Mon Calamari (RotJ)
Mike Edmunds - Logray (RotJ), Ugnaught (TESB)
Rusty Goff - Kabe, Jawa, Gonk (ANH)
Garrick Hagon - Biggs Darklighter (ANH)
Barrie Holland - Lieutenant Renz (RotJ)
Gerald Home - Tessek, Mon Calamari officer (RotJ)
Nalini Krishan - Barriss Offee (AotC, RotS)
Richard Le Parmentier - Admiral Motti (ANH)
Ian Liston - Wes Janson, Wedge Antilles' tailgunner, (TESB)
Shannon McRandle - Mara Jade (Star Wars trading card game)
Rena Owen - Taun We (AotC), Senator Nee Alavar (RotS)
Mary Oyaya - Luminara Unduli (AotC, RotS)
Ray Park - Darth Maul (TPM)
Bonnie Piesse - Beru Lars (AotC, RotS)
Tim Rose - Admiral Ackbar, Salacious Crumb, Sy Snootles (RotJ)
George Roubicek - Commander Praji (ANH)
Orli Shoshan - Shaak Ti (AotC, RotS)
Bruce Spence - Tion Medon (RotS)
Femi Taylor - Oola (RotJ)
Simon Williamson - Max Rebo, Gamorrean Guards (RotS)
:)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Cool. Of that list, there are 3 I need autographs from and 13 I have not met. And one I have interviewed :p Hmmm.....no Lightning Bear on that list. Wonder if something has changed. ???

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
To get all those it would probably cost you more than it would cost me to fly there for the Celebration IV. I don't think they should be allowed to charge for autographs. :(

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
the autograph charges at C3 were not that bad, in fact they were lower than what i normally see at smaller shows. i guess it just depends on how you look at it.

barrie has asked me to do an official announcement here at TBS about him attending C4. I'll have something up this weekend. The announcment will mention that Lightning Bear will also be attending.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
C3 sigs were very affordable. The majority of actors were only $10. Big names were $20 with just 2 or 3 being $30.....in part to work as crowd control to help with supply and demand. On this list...if I had to guess, I'd say Carrie would be $30.....he other four stars would be $20 or $30, and everyone else would be $10.

Photos are separate...and cost about $5 for an 8X10.....larger sizes available. Most everyone will sign your own items. The ideal way to get autographs...especially if you are new to collecting...is to buy a poster and get everyone to sign that. You end up with a really cool item for you collection AND reduces your expenses by a third. :) I talked my friend into doing that at C3 and the final product was amazing.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
If you're a real Star Wars fan you would get them to sign your chest or back, and then run around to the nearest tattoo shop to get it inked on permanently. ;)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Those interested might want to keep an eye on the OfficialPix.com website. I haven't checked all the names with the list above, but OfficialPix one does list Lightning Bear, and gives some pricing details and attendance days (although a quick glance seems to list everyone on every day).

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
OP has stated that their 810's will cost $5. They will also have two formats....a standard 8X10 like we're used to, and a new Master Pix style which features widescreen style image with a signing area below it, featuring the actor's name and character name. It looks pretty cool, although I think I'll be sticking with the traditional style. We'll see once I get there :p

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
Here's a new update - found this on TheForce.net

Just added to the roster were:

Michonne Bourriague - Aurra Sing

Sean Crawford - Yak Face, Mon Calamari officer

Tim Dry - J'Quille (Whiphid), Mon Calamari

Rusty Goffe - Kabe, Jawa, Gonk

Nalini Krishan - Barriss Offee

Shannon McRandle - Mara Jade

Rena Owen - Taun We, Senator Nee Alavar

Mary Oyaya - Luminara Unduli

Ray Park - Darth Maul

Bonnie Piesse - Beru Lars

Orli Shoshan - Shaak Ti

Bruce Spence - Tion Medon

Femi Taylor - Oola

This is great news for me as some of these are among the few I really wanted (Crawford, Oyaya, Krishan and Spence).

Here's what I don't get - Mary Oyaya and Nalini Krishan both seem to do FAR fewer cons than Orli Shoshan - but only charge $10 while Shoshan wants $20. Plus they're coming from Australia, whereas I belive Shoshan lives in L.A.

Doesn't bother me much as I got Shoshan at SW Weekends last year - just seemed peculiar. I've been struck by just how many are only charging one coupon - really made any possible second thoughts I had about attending disappear.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Well.....it's a combination of what teh star wants and what might be best for the crowd. The more tickets required..the shorter the line gets. As mentioned above...OP has announced ticket prices for the first 30 guests.

http://www.officialpix.com/OPX/Celebrities.html

Basically everyone is 1 ticket, except for:

2 tickets: Kenny Baker, Mike Carter, Peter Mayhew, Ray Park, Bonnie Piesse, George Roubicek, Orli Shoshan, and Bruce Spence.

3 tickets: Dave Prowse

I suspect Anthony DAniels and Carrie Fisher will have specific tickets for them, which may be limited in quantity.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The Official Pix website lists Carrie Fisher and Anthony Daniles at the top as:
Autograph Ticket: $35​
while everyone else is listed as 1 or 2 "coupons" (with each coupon costing $10).

$35 for an autograph is simply ridiculous. You can buy five standard figures for that amount. :(

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
it just depends on how you want to rationalize it. $35 for Fisher is quite good when you compare it to getting one of the big names from Trek at a convention. SW prices compared to most, come in pretty well, from what i have seen. Look at gatecons and you'll be paying more for both their big names and their smaller names.
Adding cost to the bigger names does help reduce the line but it also helps make up for the money lost on the smaller names that just don't draw like they think they will.
Skellington will be happy to show anyone how to go about getting most of these autographs for almost nothing, but when it comes to a convention, this is how it works. It is there for whoever wants it and those who don't, can go onto something else.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
If you've already shelled out potentially thousands to get to the event anyway, it seems reasonable to spend a little on meeting some of the actors and getting an autograph.

Its a big let down if they dont take a minute to chat and get a photo with you though! IMHO, the least they can do is that. In fairness, most do make you feel welcome and pose for the camera, which makes all the difference.

In my experience, Ray Parks is fantastic at this, always making the wait in line worth it by having a smile and a chat. Some others could learn from him.

Victor_Von_Doom

All that is man
I'm still deciding whether I'm going or not. So far, I only need 3 or so of the autographs in the guest list, so unless they announce a lot of new hard to get guests, it's not going to be worth the airfare, hotel, etc.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
C4 will be an amazing experience...with all the other events and thigns to do. While the autographs are awesome....I personally wouldn't fly anywhere JUST to ge an autograph. Meeting the actors is awesome. So is jsut seeing 30,000+ SW fans in one building. Not to mention all the other stuff.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I think $35 for Fisher is acceptable. Any higher would be pushing it. Not to mention....the tickets will be limited. If I recall...her line at C2 was horrible...taking 2 or more hours. Between teh price and limits...this should make it more reasonable.

I disagree with $35 for Daniels. Yes, he is a star. Yes, he is very chararsmatic and funny...I love his Articles and cd from SW Insider. However, I've heard numerous negative stories about his "bedside manner" when it comes to signing for fans at conventions. I carry a certain level of fan respect for him and the character, and I personally don't think I'd care to meet him in person, for fear of disappointing myself.

Sarasotarockstr

I am the fool who follows
Hi guys. I made a fairly agonizing decision today - I'm skipping C4.

Planned on going - but friends in L.A. I was going to stay with got a job transfer out of state so factoring in all the costs and available days off, I'm not going.

The reason I post this is twofold. One is - not going to C4 cements that I will be at all the SW Weekends again this year. Not sure how many of you are coming down to Florida, but I live 80 mins. from Disney and will be there each weekend. Because of this, I may be able to score some autos for someone not coming (always up in the air due to fast pass availability but I'll try!).

My autograph policy is - I'll do it for free - just whatever it costs me plus $5 for priority mail shipping.

The other reason - I want to see who from here is going to C4 and would be available to pick me up some autographs. I'm happy of course to pay an extra fee for the time and inconvenience. I may have to divide it up as I have a bit of a list of the sigs I'm looking for.

SOO...if any of you are up to this, email me at bret@effort.com. Preferably email how much extra per pic you'd want for the service and which celebs YOU are planning on getting. I figure most of us TTM'ers will be getting a lot of the same folks, so not wanting to put anyone out, I'd rather you just get the extra pic signed while you're there as opposed to standing in a line for me and only me.

I know for sure I'll be looking for autographs from the following guests -

Anthony Daniels
Carrie Fisher
Tim Rose (possibly 2 from him)
Sean Crawford
Bruce Spence
Mary Oyaya
Nalini Krishan
Rusty Goffe (possibly 2 from him)

Probably Bonnie Piesse as well.

There are a few others I'm debating that I have TTM - but at $15 w/photo may be worth a second auto.

Anyway, any help you guys can provide is amazing.

Thanks!

Bret

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Hey SRS,

Still not sure if I'll definitely be going or not. If I do go, I'll probably be getting a few autos and can grab a few for you. I'll take the list with me and check with our fellow bothans about who is getting in which line. Hopefully between us all we'll be able to sort something out for you.

Matt - stoppit.