The Official Get To Know Each Other Thread

Barada

Saboteur
I have been sitting here and thinking that it appears as if we don't have a thread other than those in New Members, or our profiles, where we can talk about ourselves and post pics (at least until Borsk digs one up and embarrasses me on my poor search skills again ;) ). It's time to come out from behind the username and introduce yourself to the world!

Marital Status: Married since 2000
Kids: 1 son, Aidan, 2
Pets: Had 2 cats, but allergies forced me to find them new homes :(
Hobbies: SW Collecting (duh), Horror Movies, Loud Rock Music
Fave Movie (non-SW): Original Planet of the Apes or The Thing (1982)
Fave Band: Def Leppard

Here is me and Baby Barada two months ago

Attachments

• barada & baby barada.jpg
    barada & baby barada.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 789

Dark Jedi

Banned
Actual name: Nathaniel (Goes by N)

No photo availabel (on a school computer)

Marital Status: Not Married (DUH!)

Kids: none :stupid1:

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Marital Status: Married since 93
Kids: 1 daughter Jayde, 2 and a half
Pets: Jack Russell terrier, "Indiana"
Hobbies: SW Collecting , Sci fi , and more SW collecting..lol
Fave Movie (non-SW): toss up between Indiana Jones trilogy and Aliens
Fave Band: Various tastes

Any more takers to reveal themselves?

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
Name: Daniel

Relationship Status: Single

Interests/Hobbies: Image Editing, Making Websites, LANing, Playing PC Games, Drawing, watching Movies/DVD's/TV, Listening to music, Reading Sci-Fi Novels/Comics and collecting Star Wars merchandise.

Favourite Movies/TV Shows: Star Wars Saga, Starship Troopers, Stargate, Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park: The Lost World, Indiana Jones Trilogy, Die Hard Trilogy, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Matrix Trilogy, Back to the Future Trilogy, Terminator Trilogy, Saving Private Ryan, James Bond, Willow, Alien Trilogy, Predator, Dune (Mini Series), Children of Dune (Mini Series), Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Voyager, 24, Farscape, Stargate SG-1, Alias, Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlett, X-Men (Original Animated Series), Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Doctor Who, Robot Wars, Battlestar Galactica (Original Series) and Red Dwarf.

Favourite Music Bands: Red Hot Chili Peppers, FUEL, LIVE, Foo Fighters, The Eagles, Don Henley, Matchbox 20, Powderfinger, Creedance Clearwater Rival, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles and John Williams (of course).

Wicked_Wicket

Crazy Ewok
Marital Status: Single.
Kids: Read above.
Pets: 1 dog.
Hobbies: Star Wars, computers, and...geese....
Fave Movie (non-SW): LOTR trilogy, Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, We Were Soldiers, The Matrix Reloaded, Pirates of Carribean
Fave Band: Linkin Park, Howard Shore, John Williams.

I also like long walks on the beach and-

Oh...wait a second.... ;)

cplfreezer

Mind Bender
Maritial Status: Single
Kids: zero
Pets: Rottie (Ashley), Black Lab (Sacha)
Hobbies: collecting SW, Shooting :guns: ,
FAV Band(s): ACDC and Kiss (yes I'm that old)
FAV non-SW Movies: Holy Grail, Princess Bride, Band of Brothers, Man from Snowy River

Barada

Saboteur
Hey Cpl.,

I'm 5 years younger than you and I love AC/DC and KISS too :)

Remember, 'Rock n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution' ;)

Barada

cplfreezer

Mind Bender
Originally posted by Barada
Hey Cpl.,

Remember, 'Rock n' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution' ;)

Barada

Yes.
I remember the song and also saying "if it's too loud, your too old" Then came ganster rap and it's both too loud and I'm to old. :D I need my :sleep: now!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Marital Status: Single
Kids: nope
Pets: Had 2 dogs, which are currently living in Oregon with my parents. (Sebastian--Chow, Skipper--Australian Shepherd)

Hobbies: Aside from Star Wars and other Sci-Fi/toy interests, I collect all sorts of junk, ranging from any antiques that appeal to me, funerary collectibles, and helping family/friends with their collections. I also enjoy the outdoors, though i have little free time to do anything.

Fave Movies: Topping my list is LOTR, Nightmare Before Christmas and Edward Scissorhands, Silence of the Lambs, and Indiana Jones. I also like Tim Burton movies in general, Monty Python, Dark City, Ravenous, and some John Carpenter( The Fog, The Thing, and Big Trouble in Little China :p )

I also like good anime, such as Tenchi and Cowboy Bebop. Gundam Wing and some of the UC Gundam series are good too, although I'm not up to date on all the latest Cartoon Network imports anymore.

Fave music: Beethoven, Rob Zombie, Marilyn Manson, to name a few :cool:

Picture: 10 points to anyone who remembers where I posted a pic of myself last year. If anyone gets it right, I might post a slightly more updated pic here tomorrow.

Well, s'almost 3:30am. I guess that means I should try and :sleep:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Are you a Star Wars kid?

I probably cheated a bit.

-----------------

Rather than repeat the same type of stuff that's already been said, I'll give a "weird fact":

I hadn't ever really watched Stargate SG-1 before (couple of episodes here and there). In the past couple of weeks I've watched season 1-4. Cool.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I probably cheated a bit.

Well, it looks like Borsk is our winner. Congrats Borsk, you've won 10 Skellington Points! The use of these points will be determined ....er...sometime...........yeah. :p Just think of them as Jedi Master Points for now. I'll think up something a few years from now after several hundred people start signing a petitions.

Well, I guess I have to live up to my word and post a newer pic. I would post one of me in my Jack Skellington costume, but that involves scanning a picture, and I'm too lazy. Then I thought I'd post a rather charming normal pic of myself, but considering the estimated male:female ratio here at the Spy, I figured I wouldn't benefit much from it. ;)

So, I'm posting a scary pic that will frighten off all the remaining ewoks. I made this as a joke to send miniature "shrunken heads" to my friends. Yes, that is a scan of myself (I don't recommend scanning yourself, it probably causes dain bramage).

This was over a year ago, before I had to shave and get a haircut in order to find a job.

Attachments

• me sh 3 touched.jpg
    me sh 3 touched.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 398

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thanks Barada. Nope, I hadn't heard that one until now. Although I think on two occaisions I've been told I had a slight resemblence to Val Kilmer. Actually, there's a SW story in that:

When I went to the Shreveport Sci-Fi Expo back in 2001, I got to meet several SW actors in person (my first and only time). At the end of the autograph line-up was Alan Ruscoe (E1 Plo Koon, among other characters). He was last in line, and some people were actually skipping him, having gotten the autographs they came for (Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Aurra Sing). Naturally, I wanted to meet everyone, and my friend and i talked with him for a while. It was his first ever US appearence, btw. Anyway, he and his assistant (girlfriend, wife?) came to the conclusion that I looked a little like Val from the nose down. How anyone comes to that concusion, I don't know. But if Plo Koon says I look like Val (a star of WILLOW, no less), who am I to deny it :p

And in other news, this is my 500th post! WOOHOO! :dance:

Dark Jedi

Banned
You shouldn't have shaved skellington! That looked Badass! You had like a "Wolfman" look goin' on there, grow it back man!

aceface

Junior Spy
NAME: Mitch

CHEST: 34

WAIST: 29

HIPS: 36

HEIGHT: 5' 8"

WEIGHT: 153

LOCATION: A hollowed-out volcano somewhere along the western rim...

AMBITIONS: To summit every Cascade volcano, visit every country in the world, and to drink tea in the Sahara (again).

TURN-ONS: Laughter, water, accents, words that end in "a," walking on the moon.

TURN-OFFS: People who think they are players, the conceited, the shallow, the golden, the holier than thou, coffee, smoking, drinking, drugging, negativity, jealousy, anger, fear, aggression...

FAVORITE PLACES: Terrebonne, Paulina, Cascade Head, Wadi Rumm, Sidi Bouhlel Gorge, & Pointe Matira.

TRAVEL PLANS: A man, a plan, a canal,... Panama!

I STAND UP FOR: My driving record.

PHOBIAS: Intersections, table saws, & guns.

WHEN I WANT TO RELAX: "When I need somthin' to soothe my soul, I listen to too much rock n' roll!!"

CURRENT LISTENING: Savuka, Krakatoa Chorus, Stumpus Maximus & The Good 'Ol Boys, Rov*ostrov, Moribund The Burgermeister, Silvertone, Georgios Panayiotou, Overkill, 3 Non-Blondes, Rat Salade, Refuse, Certainty, Zoomerang

BEST 10 FILMS OF ALL TIME:
  • 1962 - Lawrence Of Arabia
  • 1977 - Star Wars
  • 1980 - The Gods Must Be Crazy
  • 1981 - Raiders Of The Lost Ark
  • 1988 - Midnight Run
  • 1995 - Leaving Las Vegas
  • 1997 - Contact
  • 1997 - L.A. Confidential
  • 1998 - Babe: Pig In The City
  • 2001 - Moulin Rouge!
WHO WOULD PLAY YOU IN THE FILM: Matthew McConaughy, Peter Fonda, and/or Paul Newman

BOOKS I LOVE: WILD THING by Ian Copeland, JUST SO STORIES by Rudyard Kipling, THE ONCE AND FUTURE KING by T.H. White

I'M A SUCKER FOR: Chocolate chips, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream

FONDEST MEMORY: The day I turned 7.

MY PETS: intrigue small children and frighten most "adults."

FAVORITE EXPRESSIONS: "When do we eat?" "Don't you snap off, little snapper!" "It takes two to tango and three to reggae."

WORDS TO LIVE BY: "We're mild and green ... and squeaky clean."