The Official Get To Know Each Other Thread

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Age: 19 (Gimme a few months and I'm no longer lumped in with teenagers!)
Marital Status: Single
Kids: None
Pets: None of my own, but the family pet is Rosie, a German Shepherd
Hobbies: Star Wars Novel Reading, Reading WWII Memoirs, History, and Star Wars
Fave Movie (non-SW): LotR, Bullitt, Donnie Darko
Fave Band: None really, too busy with college classes and the military.

Wookiee Cookie to the person who IDs the other guy in the photo.

Attachments

• afa12.jpg
    afa12.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 279
  • joelcockpit.jpg
    joelcockpit.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 271

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
wookiee_cookiee said:
Fave Movies: Besides SW, Ewan McGregor's movies, the best is Moulin Rouge. Pirates of the Carribbean, Love Actually, Bridget Jones's Diary, Shaun of the Dead, Garden State, Harry Potter, Muppet movies.
santa isn't coming?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jedi_Joel said:
Wookiee Cookie to the person who IDs the other guy in the photo.

that would be U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff General John P. Jumper?

I knew watching Stargate would come in handy some day

Jedi_Joel

Agent
AmShak said:
that would be U.S. Air Force Chief of Staff General John P. Jumper?

I knew watching Stargate would come in handy some day
And a Wookiee Cookie for you AmShak! Did he make a guest appearance or something on Stargate? How'd you know?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Jedi_Joel said:
And a Wookiee Cookie for you AmShak! Did he make a guest appearance or something on Stargate? How'd you know?

i can't name the episode, but he made a guest appearance on sg1 fairly soon after he became chief. the former chief had made a guest appearance earlier and story has it that this was one of his priorities after getting his promotion.

apparently sg1 works closely with the air force in what they should and shouldn't do (for realism) but of course it is a SciFi TV show, so i doubt they worry too much about things like that. i do know that richard dean anderson just recieved some kind of award from the air forces for his work on the show, so maybe there is something to that. i also think i read that sg1 was the first "anything" to use that spiffy new air force logo you have.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler

NickName: Pepo

Kids: no. 5 nephews, 2 nieces

Work: Software Engineer

Pets: Two hamsters that suppose to be two females, recently added 5 more.

Hobbies: Travel, photograpgy, movies, SW Galaxies, Celebreties Stalker, Try to conquer the world!

Fave Movies: Sci-fi, Fantasy and Horror Movies, Anime.

Fave TV shows: CSI, Suvivor, The Amazing Race, 24, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Lost, BattleStar Galactica, Simpsons, Futurama.

Attachments

• IMGA0137.JPG
    IMGA0137.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 279
  • IMGA0254.JPG
    IMGA0254.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 265
  • IMGA0302.JPG
    IMGA0302.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 274
  • IMGA0158.JPG
    IMGA0158.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 264
  • IMGA0155.JPG
    IMGA0155.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 268

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator

Location: Chalmette, Louisiana (about 20 minutes from New Orleans)

Marital Status: Single. Got this boyfriend guy though.

Kids: Lots of pets who are like my children and about 100 students. No children of my own though.

Work: High School Art Teacher

Pets: 4 cats, 1 dog, and 3 birds (yes, practially a zoo... I know I'm insane.)

Hobbies: Painting and Drawing, Harry Potter, and Horror Movies.

Fave Movie (non-SW): All of the Harry Potters, Donnie Darko, Dark City, The Crow, Dead Alive, and a lot more but I can never think of them all at one time.

Fave Band: This changes day to day, but right now it's Nine Inch Nails

Attached are a few pictures of me a picture of Darth Skellington and me from Halloween 04. He's the dementor sucking out my soul and I'm Wednesday Addams.

Attachments

• Wednesday+Dementor.jpg
    Wednesday+Dementor.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 279
  • Pinkshirt.JPG
    Pinkshirt.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 274

Alf

Agent

Marital Status: single

Kids: none

Pets: 2 cats (Orlando and Mufasa), 1 dog (Shaggy)

Hobbies: Cake decorating, sewing, reading, seeing movies, collecting SW (thanks a lot C 3)
Is shopping a hobby?

Work: Assistant Bakery manager/price maintenance clerk

Favorite movies (non sw): Mallrats, Dazed and Confused, Shaun of the Dead, Clerks, Elf and several others.

Favorite music: it varies from the classics to the screaming music of today. Beatles, Elvis, NIN, Weird Al (1st concert), Chevelle, Cold, Taproot, Godsmack- (love them, was my 1st rock concert) plus many more.

Favorite TV shows: CSI, The OC, Simpsons. Can't think of anymore at the moment.

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops

Marital Status: Married

Kids: 1 (Travis - He's two)
icon6.gif

Pets: 1 cat (TigerLily)

Hobbies: Reading Star Wars books, playing Star Wars computer games, watching Star Wars movies, collecting Star Wars stuff.

Work: Software Architect

Favorite movies (non sw): LOTR series, Spiderman, and Office Space.

Favorite music: Star Wars soundtrack, LOTR soundtrack, various other movie soundtracks. I listen to them while I write code, and I imagine the movie in my head... It helps the day go by.

Favorite TV shows: Amazing Race, Survivor, CSI.

Nightwing

New Recruit

Kids: none

Pets: none

Hobbies: Collecting busts(Mainly SW, but others as well), comics, music, concerts, reading, film

Work: Working at Oxfam while looking for a job

Favorite movies (non sw): Alien, The Deer Hunter, Classic Cronenberg and Carpenter, Evil Dead II, Trainspotting.

Favorite music: Polyphonic Spree, Flaming Lips, Rufus & Martha Wainwright, Beck, Nick Cave, The Kills, Joy Division, Hendrix, Johnny Cash, Stones, Leonard Cohen

Favorite TV shows: 24, Desperate Houswives, Battlestar Galatica, Freaks & Geeks, Carnivàle, Doctor Who, Nip & Tuck, The Wire

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I'll try...

Kids: None

Pets: None

Hobbies: None. Oh wait, umm, movies, computer related stuff, music (degree in music), photography, Colorado (skiing, hiking, fishing...you know, stuff).

Work: Web Developer/ Graphic Designer/ Multimedia Guy

Favorite Movies: Clerks (really any Kevin Smith Movie), Swingers, Alien, Hunt for Red October, Star Wars (duh), Se7en, Fight Club (really any Fincher movie), Indiana Jones, Kill Bill, Blade Runner, Pulp Fiction, Office Space...

Favorite music: Bela Fleck (Barada!), Dave Matthews Band (Barada!), Radiohead, Maceo Parker, Velvet Revolver, Kula Shaker, Nine Inch Nails, Joshua Redman, Jaco Pastorious...I could list a bunch.

Favorite TV shows: Amazing Race, World Poker Tour, Survivor, American Idol, Stargate SG1

Ok, and I'm including some photos that I had handy as well as some photos that I took while I was out and about...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 274
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 266
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 265
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 269
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 266

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
From what I understand, apparently everyone expected me to show up at C3 looking like my picture on page 1. :p That prompted me to come up with some new pictures to post. Unfortunately, I can't find the ones I wanted--they're buried underneath all the SW junk somewhere. So, here are some others.

I didn't realize it until now, but this must have been me in my Obi-Skel Kenobi phase. Or maybe it was Qui-Gon Skel. :D Either way, the full beard didn't last long. Actually, that's the day I got my hair cut :(

The last pic is at C3, around 4:30 am in the Lucas line.

I was also going to update my profile, but it still holds true. So I'll add some new trivia. I've found I enjoy dicovering random bands that I like, including Skinny Puppy, Rasputina, and Scissor Sisters. I also enjoy the written works of Neil Gaiman and Edward Gorey.

Attachments

• Me-01.jpg
    Me-01.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Me-02.jpg
    Me-02.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 269
  • me-portrait.jpg
    me-portrait.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 268