• Rush Clovis

• Satine Kryze

• Savage Opress

• Todo 360

Results are only viewable after voting.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I remember seeing a "Clone Wars" animated movie several years ago and then watching a few episodes of the subsequent series. Somewhere along the way, I missed several episodes. I stopped watching altogether so that I could watch them later (in the proper order).

It took me a while to get back to it, but I finally marathoned 6 seasons of The Clone Wars.

It had its fair share of weak episodes, but on the whole, I thought it was well done. In fact, I'd say it was better than the prequel movies.

Vote in the poll for the top 3 characters that you liked best. I've limited it to characters introduced in the series or who haven't been prominently features in the movies.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I'm still waiting for season 6 (the "lost" season) to be released on DVD (a quick search as just told me it's due for release on 6 May).

Maybe I'm misremebering, but the character of Hondo Ohnaka seems to have been almost cloned for the smuggler Vizago in the new Rebels series - they seem to sound and act very similar.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I've only watched the first episode of Rebels. It's next. A big reason that I like Hondo is the voice actor, Jim Cummings. Season 6 has about a dozen episodes. The disc also includes 4 unfinished episodes that introduce a new bad guy voiced by James Hong (another favorite). The last 4 of the finished episodes feature an interesting story arc w/ Yoda. If you liked the stories in Season 3 about the father, son and daughter, I think you'll like that Yoda storyline.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I'm the other way around. :)

I haven't seen all The Clone Wars episodes yet, which is why I haven't voted in the poll (I don't know who some of them are). They only played the two seasons on free-to-air TV and (from memory) it was in a silly timeslot on Sky TV's Cartoon Network channel. I have got all the DVDs to watch at some stage after I get the last one.

I have seen all the Rebels episodes on Sky TV's Disney XD channel, thanks to now having a MySky recorder (although annoyingly it wouldn't automatically record each new episode) - the final episode of season 1 was two Fridays ago. There's an interesting revelation at the end which you may or may not already know about.

(Next weekend is the start of the new Thunderbirds Are Go series, which I was looking forward to, but then I watched the trailer and read some articles, and see they've made silly changes, as usual. :()

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
It was tough to pick 3, I really liked Hondo, Todo 360 and Mother Talzin, but I voted for Embo, Satine and Ahsoka.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I've watched about a dozen episodes of Rebels (think I have 2 left). So far, I'd say that I prefer The Clone Wars. Maybe I haven't seen all the Vizago episodes yet, but I didn't think he was that similar to Hondo. They're both pirates. I like Hondo a LOT more than Vizago.

The villains on The Clone Wars are better. Rebels has the guy with the funky beard, the Sith inquisitor, and the lady with the goofy hat. They aren't doing much for me. Tarkin was in the last episode I watched. More of him and less of those other 3 would be a good thing.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Do you like the Loth Cats?

tumblr_nf6cf3KfYt1s2fn7xo2_500.gif

tumblr_nf6cf3KfYt1s2fn7xo1_500.gif

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Finished Rebels. Last episode was good. I'm glad that I marathoned The Clone Wars prior to watching this show. Otherwise, I might have forgotten who the 'surprise reveal' was.

Comparing the 2 shows, I prefer the art design of The Clone Wars. However, the animation on The Clone Wars could be a little rigid at times (particularly in full body shots of characters walking). The animation in Rebels is a lot more fluid. When it comes to story, The Clone Wars seemed a bit more philosophical at times (which I like). Rebels is more of a pure popcorn, action/adventure (which I also like). So, I like both shows ... I just think Rebels might be better if they mix things up a bit more. They could start by not always having the same 5+1 hero characters used in every episode (which may be where the story is heading anyway). That was one of the nice things about TCW ... there were a bunch of hero characters to mix in ... it wasn't just Obi-wan and Anakin over and over.

The best Rebels character so far is this one:
Star-Wars-Rebels-Art-Attack.jpg

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The Clone Wars was purposely styled like that, with stilted walking and wood-carved-looking faces. It was meant to be reminiscent of the old Gerry Anderson marionette shows like Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, etc. Rebels is designed to look more realistic ... although CGI characters often walk rather wierdly, they do in Rebels a bit too. :)

I still think Rebels could do with being hour-long episodes, but then kids today can barely sit still for 30mins.

Apparently Loth-cats are sub-species members of the same family as the Tooka that appeared in The Clone Wars. [Star Wars Rebels Wiki, Wookieepedia]

Last edited: