Padme Amidala- variant going to the ultimate nerdy level

Nightwing

New Recruit
OK, I don't mean to insult anybody here. There are some true variants out there, but this Padme Amidala Arena Escape REALLY TAKES THE CAKE!!!

I found out about this while visiting the Mcfarlane Toys board, and there was a thread aboard the most outrageous ebay auctions out there. This was the one that started it.

i-2.JPG

padme2

:rolleyes:

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
That mole looks terrible! It is huuuge! When i finally buy that fig I'll make sure to get the no mole version. :ufo:

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Yup, although I'm a variations collectors and I do go after every possible variant out there, I realize it is ridiculous the amount of money some people will pay for these things.

I own this figure BUT I only paid $5.88 for it and definitely wouldn't pay anymore than its retail value.

For me getting this figure had nothing to do with her "beauty mark" but rather the fact it is a first run sculpt placed in a blister with the now out of production insert/backdrop therefore to me it is the appreciation value of the card as well as its scarcity what drove me into getting it.

I guess it is a matter of how much cash you have to throw away what gets some folks into shelling out the mega bucks for this.

Seriously, some people just get out of hand. It's a crazy life to them, I guess..

Does anyone remember the $200.00 - $300.00 some people paid on Ebay to get the sneak peek Jango Fett? then less than a month after he was everywhere for less than $7.00:D :D :D

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Yes Ishi, For some unknown reason history keeps repeating it self or some ebay buyers are just MORONS!

But back to Padme's mole or on some cards, lack of mole. I have both versions and mole Padme is a true variant not just because of the mole, but also the early backing on the card. I kinda like the mole myself. In viewing 'bout 10-15 mole Padme cards I have come to the conclusion that the mole comes in several different scales.
Seems that there are four scales of padme moles: 2", 4", 8" and the famous Borsk 12" Grand Dame Mole. The Grand Dame mole was worn by Little Padme in the movie: "The Professional". Any one who follows the career of the actor will have to admit that as the actor grows up the mole gets smaller. Thus, the different scales of mole sizes. Make sense?

:nut:

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Yup I agree with you Deathstar.... "It's a darth mole world after all!"
isn't that one of the theme songs at the Disney parks? :)