No lens flare and an actual puppet

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently the Jim Henson company is not involved though. :(
Jim Henson company has never officially worked on any Star Wars movie. It's just a small sign of following a similar creative path as the OT movies. It's also refreshing that the puppet didn't have to 'accidentally' step in 'batha poodoo' to try to get a cheap laugh.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Officialy, no, but surely you remember this scene from the Original Trilogy ...

group_star_wars.jpg

;)

With Disney now owning both Star Wars and Jim Henson, it wouldn't have been much of a surprise if the two worked together. Throw in Pixar for the CGI and you've got some of the biggest names in the industry. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Being on a dial-up connection I haven't seen the video clip, but from the still images that puppet does look a lot like a Henson product ... it almost looks like its straight out of The Dark Crystal (it actually looks familiar, but I can't recall where from).

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I think I did read something about it being similar to a puppet from The Dark Crystal. I can't find any images for it at the moment and it's been too long since I've seen that movie. I like The Dark Crystal. So, if you're gonna copy a a puppet from a movie, that's not a bad place to start.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Possibly this creature from The Dark Crystal (apologies for the huge picture) ...

Dark_Crystal.jpg

It could be something I've seen in The Neverending Story.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
A Mystic from The Dark Crystal ...
MysticFnl1.JPG

Seems unlikely, but some people are saying it could be a Cosian as in The Clone Wars animated series or a H'drachi from the EU material.

Cosian
TeraSinubeDetail-SWE.png

H'drachi
Hdrachi-TynnansTEA.jpg