Collectible of the Day 020 - Artbox Magnets

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Collectible of the Day​

5256004660_53376cfe94.jpg

Today’s collectibles are magnets produced by Artbox. Originally available in Japan, these magnets were later blind packaged in foil wrappers, not unlike trading cards, and sold in the United States. Most recently, they could be found at Target stores in the trading card section. They were also available at comic and hobby shops, and can still be found online loose. The blind packs retailed for about $3.99 each.

A complete basic set consisted of 24 different magnets. All of those shown here, plus Admiral Ackbar, C-3PO, and a Stormtrooper. A couple box sets of different colored astromechs were also available in Japan. One was a Celebration Japan exclusive.

Discuss this collectible here.

If you have an item you'd like to have featured, please PM me and provide a detailed description and a link to a medium sized, relatively in-focus photo. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yes, they are sculpted and they are awesome! I'd only planned on trying to get a Royal Guard, but found them so addictive that I kept buying packs until I almost had a complete set. Lucky for me the box apparently had no doubles. Unfortunately, someone else either bought 3 packs, or there just wasn't enough room to squeeze in any more in the display box. I'll be able to track down the other three pretty easily...just a matter of time and money.