Autograph Successes!

Holla300

The Best Bounty
Way to start May! After 72 Days of waiting, I finally got my Robert Englund request back! I am a huge fan of Nightmare of Elm Street so this success means alot to me. I am so glad I got it back and he personlized both my photos. I could have sent better pictures but oh well. ;-)

Sent: 2/19/2008
Received: 5/1/2008

What I Sent: A Letter, SASE, 2 Photos
What I Got Back: My Photos Personalized and Signed, 1 Pre-Print Postcard and Another regular postcard from Robertenglund.com

Address Used:
Robert Englund.com
1278 Glenneyre, PMB #73
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
USA

Photos Of Autographs:
Robert%20Englund.JPG

Robert%20Englund%202.JPG

Photo Of Envolope:

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Got a lovely success from Country artist Taylor Swift today! :) I sent her two custom made 4x6 index cards, but she didn’t sign those. Instead she sent her own mini photo/business card that was personalized and signed on the back! :) My SASE was used. The mini photo measures 2 inches by 3 ½ inches. Thanks Taylor!! :D

Envelope:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Taylor_Swift_Envelope.jpg

Mini photo/Business Card (Front and Back):
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Taylor_Swift_Photo_01.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Taylor_Swift_Photo_02.jpg

Unsigned 4x6 index cards:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Taylor_Swift_Unsigned_4x6_Cards.jpg

Sent: February 1st 2008
Replied: May 2nd 2008
Days Taken: 92

Address Used:

Ms. Taylor Swift
C/o Taylor Swift Entertainment
242 West Main Street
PMB 412
Hendersonville, TN 37075
USA

RYAN-J :D

Holla300

The Best Bounty
Congrats on a wonderful Success!
I know you wanted this one bad!
Too bad she didn't sign your cards!
Keep it up!:D

Holla300

The Best Bounty
Today I got Sean Faris Autograph back. It got smeared. This is my 2nd one that got smeared through the mail and its because of the photo paper that it is. I have 2 different brands and the office depot brand smear and the other brand doesn't. Oh well.

Took 46 Days. I''ll scan later.

Pedge Jameson

Falls down for no reason.
I got this kind that doesnt smear at all and I got it from the dollar store.
It's called starlite brand. Has an ugly kid playing guitar on the front. :p

What brand smears so I know not to get it.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Holla300;79963 said:
Today I got Sean Faris Autograph back. It got smeared. This is my 2nd one that got smeared through the mail and its because of the photo paper that it is. I have 2 different brands and the office depot brand smear and the other brand doesn't. Oh well.

Took 46 Days. I''ll scan later.

That's the reason why I get my photos developed professionally.

Holla300

The Best Bounty
Jedi_Joel;79965 said:
That's the reason why I get my photos developed professionally.

I would get them done but doesn't that go against copyright laws?

The office depot brand smears atleast on a few I think. I think what it is, is they sign in and put it in the envelope RIGHT after they sign it because its smeared on the envelope itself. Both times have a silver sharpie also. Curse of the silver sharpie!

Pedge Jameson

Falls down for no reason.
Holla300;79971 said:

The office depot brand smears atleast on a few I think. I think what it is, is they sign in and put it in the envelope RIGHT after they sign it because its smeared on the envelope itself. Both times have a silver sharpie also. Curse of the silver sharpie!

Thats what makes it unique IMHO. If an autograph had a smear at the fault of the star I would find it kinda cool.

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Holla300;79971 said:
If you want to play legal eagle and all that, technically you too are going against copyright laws for printing out your own 4x6s as you're using the SW logo and associated images from the movies without permission and so on. ;)

So how do you figure it's because of the paper that the silver sharpie smudged? All sharpies regardless of color require some amount of time to set in. I can tell you that regardless of photo paper and card stock.

Pedge Jameson;79972 said:
Thats what makes it unique IMHO. If an autograph had a smear at the fault of the star I would find it kinda cool.
Unique to what point? I for one wouldn't find it cool, had it happen with Billy Dee Williams when I met him. Wasn't too happy.

Holla300

The Best Bounty
So how do you figure it's because of the paper that the silver sharpie smudged? All sharpies regardless of color require some amount of time to set in. I can tell you that regardless of photo paper and card stock.

Never said it was the silver sharpie but it just happened twice and only with a silver sharpie. I have a pen that doesn't need any time to set in and well not smear that I use for In Person autographs. It isn't a sharpie but it is a drafting pen that I use for getting autographs.

It wasn't from the persons fault but it is on the envolope. I think it really sucks. They should have giving more time.

If you want to play legal eagle and all that, technically you too are going against copyright laws for printing out your own 4x6s as you're using the SW logo and associated images from the movies without permission and so on.

I understand that but If I goto to wal-mart, cvs, etc etc. they will not print it out due to the copyright laws. What shall I do?

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Hey Wes! Congrats on getting Sean. Sorry about the photo smearing :( that's never fun. I'm sending you a PM. ;)

Holla300

The Best Bounty
RYAN-J;79992 said:
Hey Wes! Congrats on getting Sean. Sorry about the photo smearing :( that's never fun. I'm sending you a PM. ;)

It is quite alright as Sean has sent me another photo on the way to my house. I told him what has happened and he said no problem!

Jay;80003 said:
I dont trust print-outs of any kind. I need an image professionally done.
My photos work fine now as well. That photo paper is a little glossier than the normal one I use but I have whipped them down with a little baby powder like my dad and brother do with the cards to get signed. They sign perfect as I have tested it with a sharpie and put it in the envolope after a second of signing it. Hopefully I won't have this problem again.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Wow! :eek: Got a surprise success today from Gene Wilder! :eek: He signed all four of my Custom made index cards, & he personalized three of them! :D I sent my request back in August 2007, and I figured he wasn’t going to reply, then Poof! :D It shows up in my mailbox! :D LOL! My SASE was used. Great way to start of my week! :D Thanks Gene! :)

Envelope:
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Gene_Wilder_Envelope.jpg

Autographed cards: (4x6)
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Gene_Wilder_4x6_Autographs_01.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/RYJALI/Autographs/Gene_Wilder_4x6_Autographs_02.jpg

Sent: August 1st 2007
Replied: May 5th 2008
Days Taken 279

Address Used:

Mr. Gene Wilder
1511 Sawtelle Boulevard #155
Los Angeles CA 90025
USA

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Wow nice Gene Wilder success Ryan! I wasn't really sure whether he was still signing but I'll have to send out now! :p