058 - Terry McGovern (ANH voice of Sandtroopers, Stormtroopers)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Terry_Mcgovern.jpg

Mr. McGovern has quite a career in acting and voice-artistry. Early on he worked with George Lucas providing the voice of the Announcer in THX-1138, and later appeared in American Grafitti. Afterwards, he appeared in numerous telvision shows and movies, ranging from Mork and Mindy, The A-Team, and The Jeffersons, to movies like Nine Months and Mrs. Doubtfire. He also voiced various cartoon characters, including Transformer Wildrider, and Launchpad McQuack in Duck Tales and Darkwing Duck. More recently he has lent his talents to numerous video games, including seven Star Wars games.

Mr. McGovern is also one of the voice artists who recorded various dialogue for A New Hope. He is best known for voicing the Sandtrooper who questions Obi-Wan and Luke about the droids. Obi-Wan uses a force suggestion, and Mr. McGovern repeats it: "These aren't the droids we're looking for." Later, he also voiced another trooper who shouts "It's them..blast em"as the Millennium Falcon rockets out of Mos Eisley. Mr. McGovern also has the distinction of helping to giver Wookiees their name, after a friend of his, named Bill Wookey. This story is corroborated in an old Rolling Stone interview with George Lucas. :cool:

You can check out Mr. McGovern's filmography here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0569598/

For more info on Mr. McGovern and insight on his Star Wars connection, visit his website: www.terrymcgovern.com

Mr. McGovern seems willing to sign items sent to him, and will often personalize and write movie quotes. Most people have received responses in a 1-2 month time frame. Be sure and include postage with your SASE. :)

Terry McGovern
PO Box 1090
Fairfax, CA 94978
USA

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

Attachments

• 0058 Terry McGovern ep4 1.jpg
    0058 Terry McGovern ep4 1.jpg
    512.8 KB · Views: 605
  • 0058 Terry McGovern ep4 2.2.jpg
    0058 Terry McGovern ep4 2.2.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 625
  • 0058 Terry McGovern ep4 3.jpg
    0058 Terry McGovern ep4 3.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 622

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Re: TBS Autograph Project 058 - Terry McGovern (ANH voice of Sandtroopers, Stormtroopers)

Took 38 days for me to get my 8x10 back, signed and inscribed:
724434va.jpg

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Re: TBS Autograph Project 058 - Terry McGovern (ANH voice of Sandtroopers, Stormtroopers)

SUCCESS
TYPE: Tester Sent Item
WHAT KIND OF ITEM: Four White Index cards and A SASE
TESTER COMMENTS
Mr. McGovern signed all four index cards for me and my friend Sandy in Red Sharpie. He also used my SASE. Very happy!! RYAN J.
Date Sent: 1/26/2006 Date Sent: 3/30/2006 Time Taken: 63 days
Submitted By: rj

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Also received a reply from Mr. McGovern this week. He signed (no personalization) my indexes and trading card. :cool: Took less than 3 weeks.

Attachments

• TBS_McGovern_Sig.jpg
    TBS_McGovern_Sig.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 721

ryboflavin72

Wookie Veterinarian
had this success last week. after a wait of about 5 months recieved back signed and inscribed my 2 8x10's! worth the wait!

ryboflavin72;75768 said:
had this success last week. after a wait of about 5 months recieved back signed and inscribed my 2 8x10's! worth the wait!

Great to hear that.Congrats!!!

It's time to send a request now:cool:

Can you tell me what address you used?

Holla300

The Best Bounty
Jedi_Joel;80133 said:
Bummer, I did that too (way back in the day) and it worked. :(
I have yet to hear anything back and its been 2 days. Hopefully over time, he will get a chance to reply :D

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
I've had a request out for three years. Tried emailing him like four times in the past and haven't ever heard back. I haven't seen any replies at all since around 2007. Don't know what happened. :(