044 - John Chapman (Red 12 "Drifter")

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_John_Chapman.jpg

Not much is known about Mr. Chapman, at least not online. His only IMDB credit is Star Wars, although he reportedly has been involved in other film work, either on television or the big screen. He also is a member of the Box Theatre Company, and performs on stage. When not acting, Mr. Chapman has run own interiors company. He began his own film production company in 2003 called Ghost Productions Ltd. In A New Hope, Mr. Chapman was one of the X-Wing Pilots to participate in the Battle of Yavin. He was known as Red 12, nicknamed Drifter. I’m not aware of any individual photos of him in character, so generic Rebel Briefing or X-Wings shots will have to suffice.

Through the mail, I received a photo showing him in a cut scene from the briefing. He appears seated two persons down diagonally from Luke. So, if you connect the dots, it's Luke ---> "Wedge" (the non-Denis Lawson Wedge who has black hair and a chili-bowl haircut) ---> John Chapman (blonde curly hair with sideburns). :)

You can check out Mr. Chapman’s IMDB filmography here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0152413/

A brief bio is online at his company: www.ghostproductionsltd.com

A new site, offering photos (for charity) and Drifter fiction is now online: www.red12.org

Mr. Chapman seems happy to sign items sent to him, and sometimes sends his own photos and letters. Most people receive a response in less than a month. This is an excellent opportunity to get another scarce ANH pilot. Don’t forget to log your requests and results here, to help maintain the chain of information. :)

John Chapman
c/o The Elliott Agency,
94 Round Hill Crescent,
Brighton,
BN2 3FR
United Kingdom

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

Attachments

• 0044 John Chapman ep4 1.jpg
    0044 John Chapman ep4 1.jpg
    481.7 KB · Views: 545
  • 0044 John Chapman ep4 2.2.jpg
    0044 John Chapman ep4 2.2.jpg
    535.6 KB · Views: 714

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Re: TBS Autograph Project 044 - John Chapman (Red 12 "Drifter")

I received a response today from Mr. Chapman. :) It took 32 days. He not only signed my index and trading cards, but wrote a short note, and included 3 photos of his own. He also wrote on my SASE marking it PLease do not bend. :) An outsanding response! He also updated about two new websites. This info is now available above.

Attachments

• john chapman sig.jpg
    john chapman sig.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 659

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
my recent results have been full of extras, which is always good. similar to what he sent skel, he signed my items and included to of his own with a note.

great success

36 days

below is what i sent him

Attachments

• 0044 John Chapman ep4 1 success.jpg
    0044 John Chapman ep4 1 success.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 502
  • 0044 John Chapman ep4 2 success.jpg
    0044 John Chapman ep4 2 success.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 510
  • 0044 John Chapman epX 4 success.jpg
    0044 John Chapman epX 4 success.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 483
  • 0044 John Chapman epX 5 success.jpg
    0044 John Chapman epX 5 success.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 621
  • 0044 John Chapman epX 6 success.jpg
    0044 John Chapman epX 6 success.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 487

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
the two photos that he sent are about 8" X 12". The first photo is actually a very nice photo on good paper. the second photo is like one of the photos posted above in skel's success.

Attachments

• 0044 John Chapman epX 1 success.jpg
    0044 John Chapman epX 1 success.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 778
  • 0044 John Chapman epX 2 success.jpg
    0044 John Chapman epX 2 success.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 530
  • 0044 John Chapman epX 3 success.jpg
    0044 John Chapman epX 3 success.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 550
Today another success from John.He signed 2 trading cards (vintage & widevision) & 3 ccg cards.Took 32 days.In the vintage card,he also pointed out which one is him.I know him now:D

Vader Nation

Sith in Canada
Any recent success from Mr. Chapman? I have created two additional photos for any autograph requests.

There also appears to be a new address:

c/o Pichola Associates Ltd
3 The Tanyard
Chilton Foliat
Berks
RG17 OTG
U.K.

Attachments

• 0044 John Chapman ep4 4.jpg
    0044 John Chapman ep4 4.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 457
  • 0044 John Chapman ep4 4.png
    0044 John Chapman ep4 4.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 472

Vader Nation

Sith in Canada
I received a really nice reply. I sent 5 photos, a letter, SAE and $ for postage and his fee. He signed all 5 photos, a couple in gold pen, and personalized a couple of them. He included a nice hand written note and also returned the $ I sent for his fee! One of the best, thank you!!

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Nice Success! He sounds like a really nice guy to sign all your items and even return the fee money! ;)

RYAN-J

Vader Nation

Sith in Canada
Extremely happy with this reply. I would recommend any one writing to him, he appreciates his fans. I will post my success today.

jedibill

New Recruit
Vader Nation;83303 said:
I received a really nice reply. I sent 5 photos, a letter, SAE and $ for postage and his fee. He signed all 5 photos, a couple in gold pen, and personalized a couple of them. He included a nice hand written note and also returned the $ I sent for his fee! One of the best, thank you!!

Did you use the old or the new address?

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Success from Mr. Chapman today! Took about a month. The pen he used didn't stick too well to my photo, which he stated on an index card. He thought maybe there was grease on the photo, but I think he just needs a sharpie. :D

To make up for it, he sent one of his own of the same scene. He signed two photos and two index cards for me, adding the character name of "Gil Vikay".

Very nice guy, filled out my questionnaire too!

Used Pichola Associates address.
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n103/Chewiegraphs/johnchapman.jpg
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n103/Chewiegraphs/johnchapmanqa.jpg