New Watto's Lotto Poll

hmmm... must meditate on this

• It's still too **** hard, the odds need to be better

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Let it ride a bit more, and think about changing it a little further down the road

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • I'm cool with the way it is

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I had planned on just going ahead and making a change to the rules, but since the majority of the votes went to "let it ride and see how it goes" in this thread, I thought I would ask the question again and see if anyone has changed their mind. So, take a moment and vote so I'll have an idea how everyone feels about it. We'll let this poll run for about a week and we'll come up with some kind of decision next weekend.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
btw, i had been missing the ephant mon figure for this thing and was starting to get a bit worried about what I would do when we got to that figure, but luckily i found one today. It's not on the greatest card but it will have to do until i find another.

I found it at my super walmart, along with every new figure up to but not including the new boba fett wave... so check your walmarts.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
I hardly ever get around to walmart. Maybe tomorrow, hmmmmmmmmm......

anyway

wattos lotto is fine the way it is. the odds of winning are 10000 times better than the lotto with 10000 smaller a prize.

And yes...somebody will eventually win. i can feel it!

it will be on the 24th week i predict. hmhmhmhmhm

lol

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Obiviously not everyone who plays the game has voted in the poll but I think there's enough information to base a decision on it and that is to leave the rules of the game alone. We'll look at it again in a few months.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I haven't thought this all of the way through yet, so i don't want to get into any details, but I had a thought the other day on way to give these figures away if dsomeone doesn't hit the magic number before then. IF we did what i'm thinking, it would not occur until after we get through the 2002 figures, which will be some time. Again... i haven't worked out any of the details on this yet, but in my present theory, the people who had been playing the game the most would have greater odds of winning than someone who just walked in. Anyway, that's quite a ways off and i won't make any "real" decisions on that until we get closer to that time. As for now, the game will not be changed.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Ok....
Here's what we're going to do with Watto's Lotto, IF someone doesn't hit the numbers before we get to this point.

There will be no rule changes made to the game while we're dealing with the 2002 figures. Once we get to the end of the 2002 figures, we will start again with the 2003 figures. I will probably front end load the new Watto's Lotto to get us caught up closer to when the figures are coming out. The rules for the new Watto's Lotto have not yet been worked out, but the odds will be better for a player to hit it.
IF no one hits the current Lotto before we get to the end of the 2002 figures, we will turn it into a raffle. We will have a special thread for the players to post in, but instead of the players selecting numbers, i will assign numbers to each player. Now for the tricky part .... and this will probably be a pain the butt, but it's what seems fair to me .... To keep those interested in the current game who may be loosing interest and to reward those who have been loyal to the game, each player who posts in this final thread will be elible for as many numbers as weeks they have played. In others words, if you have played in 30 weeks of the Lotto game, then you get 30 different numbers or 30 entries or 30 chances to win in the final raffle.
I think this will keep some interest for new players to still join in without taking away from those who have been playing all along.

****IF someone hits the numbers before we get to this point, everything I have just said here goes out the window and we will look at it again and see what we need to do to complete the 2002 figures and transition into the 2003 figures.

I'm not setting this in stone just yet, but I will in about a week if I don't hear something to make me change my mind, so here's your chance to ask questions or make comments or whatever you like.....

anyone?.....

Bueller?.......

bedlam412

Scoundrel
I think that sounds like a good plan ... and I think it's fair to those of you who have been playing longer than I have ... good show!

Sounds like a good idea :)
Mind you something has made me sad :-(

I have only been a member since sometime in february and have been a devoted Bothan Spy user. If I knew of TBS sooner I would have planted my roots earlier.

In 2 months I have made 126 posts with an average of 2.27 per day and to my knowlege never missed a watto's lotto. I love a competition but there has to be some way for a guy like me to increase his odds.

I can "pull the ears off a gundar".

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Well....
Just hit the right 3 numbers before we get to the end and none of this will matter.
Also keep in mind that someone who played the first 30 weeks may not even show up at the end to be part of the raffle. We will probably do some kind of extended entry (like 2 weeks instead of 1) for the raffle part of this, if we get to that point, to make sure that no one gets left out because of some kind of problems they might have during the normal weekly period.
I imagine that we will have several new players join in the contest before we get to the end and I wanted to do something to protect or help the people who were playing when there were just a few figures involved and this was the best that I was able to come up with that seems to work well all the way around (except for me who will have to sort through who played and how many times they played, but i suppose it's the least I can do for everyone who shows up each week to play).
As long as the game is in its current mode, i want anyone to have an equal chance at winning and even if it gets to the raffle stage, i want anyone to have a chance at winning but i want to do something to reward those who have invested the time and effort. I think there are few of you out there who must lurk around on wednesday, waiting for wookiee cookiee to update the game.
I would really like to see someone win w/o going to the raffle, just for the sake of the game and maybe someone will. I didn't really want to make any changes to the rules, but I didn't want people to think that there was no end to it. Once we have a winner, we'll start fresh from where ever we left off in the order of the figures with improved odds for the players and hopefully not have to have any discussions about raffles.