Indy IV: Harrison Ford is back!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
From ScFi.com ...

Ford Signs On Indy IV
Steven Spielberg confirmed to Access Hollywood that Harrison Ford is on board for a fourth Indiana Jones movie and that production is slated to start in 2004 for a 2005 release, according to a report on the Zap2it Web site. For his part, Ford has repeatedly said he would be willing to reprise his most famous role only if the script met his approval.

But Spielberg told Access Hollywood's Pat O'Brien that the new script is written and has been approved, and that he will direct the project himself.

:)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
It looks like you'll have to wait a bit longer. :(

Indiana Jones Film Back On Hold!
Variety reports, The long-gestating reunion of Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Harrison Ford for a fourth "Indiana Jones" pic is on hold -- again -- as a new script draft is commissioned. Paramount had hoped to reunite Indy with his whip and Stetson hat and get back into production on a new "Indiana Jones" pic in 2004 for a 2005 release. Frank Darabont had been brought in to script a concept the trio liked, but sources close to the production said Lucas was unhappy with the draft. The Indy troika will now bring aboard another screenwriter to hone Darabont's script.

Spielberg had no comment on his plans. Spielberg, Lucas and Ford have been trying for nearly a decade to mount one last Indiana Jones adventure, on the condition that all three had to love the concept and script before proceeding.

Finding an availability window for Spielberg, Ford and Lucas is daunting, and it is now looking like a 2005 production start at the earliest.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
There is always a catch. I think it'll get off, but it may take a while before everyone agrees on the script. 2006 is a realistic guess I think.

To be perfectly honest I think George saw a Star Wars and Indy 2005 release as a little threatening. Better to seperate them then to release them at the same time. (for his ego and pocketbook)

Nightwing

New Recruit
I'm starting to think that Harrison will look like Sean by the time this film will be completed... :)

I'm dying to see this movie. Hollywood is going to destroy the term "trilogy" if they keep doing this.

They better make the movie soon before Harrison can't even outrun The Rolling Stones.;)

I'd hate to see them use a different actor. I don't think he could do that famous run from the beginning of Raiders of the Lost Arc anymore. That was the best part of the trilogy.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
We'll all be waiting even longer now. :( This is the latest from SciFi.com ...

Indy IV Delayed Again
Frank Marshall, producer of the proposed fourth Indiana Jones movie, told SCI FI Wire that ongoing script changes will delay the film for at least another year. "Indiana Jones [IV] is still in the writing stage," Marshall said. But, he added, "it's still a live project, and [producer George] Lucas is working on the script at this time."

At one point, it looked like Indy IV was nearing production, with director Steven Spielberg and star Harrison Ford eager to shoot Frank Darabont's draft. But Lucas balked, putting the project on hold once more.

Marshall said that Lucas was currently completing the script with another writer, whom he declined to identify. "I'd say we have about two-thirds of a great story, and now we're working on the last third," Marshall said. "We'll get our schedules coordinated, but it won't be for another year or so." Complicating matters: Ford is getting long in the tooth; he observed his 62nd birthday on July 13.

Nevertheless, Marshall said that the production team was excited about the project, but reluctant to start until they made sure all elements of the film were perfect. "We don't want to proceed with something that we all don't feel is worthy," Marshall said. "Obviously, we don't want to do this movie unless it's going to be great."
At this rate we may not see Harrison Ford as Indy, or at most a cameo to introduce Indy Jnr.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Come on Lucas, just face it. There is no way you can fit Jarjar into Indy...

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
He's already in there. In the Indy Special Edition DVD box set (I forget which movie) you can clearly see Jar Jar carved on the stone next to R2. ;)

imperialoutpost

New Recruit
Buzz Bumble said:
He's already in there. In the Indy Special Edition DVD box set (I forget which movie) you can clearly see Jar Jar carved on the stone next to R2. ;)
Lucas will probably go back and redo the Indy DVD's to add cgi's Jar Jar's into all three movies! ;)

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
I can't see this movie as being to good no matter how long it's delayed. The original Raiders was one of the greatest movies ever. But i wasn't crazy about either of the sequels. Besides, what is it going to be? Indiana Jones in the 1960's? That just aint right!

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
It'll be Indiana Jones falls asleep on his zimmer, wakes up in the shower, reckons he never got old, world war II was just a dream, grabs his whip and heads on out for wild adventure......

....... oh, and maybe a cgi Oohla for love interest.....added later of course :)

....or maybe it'll be a retired professor telling the story in flashback.....with a completely cgi Indy playing his younger self....

Options, options.....

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The latest news from SciFi.com (among other places) ...

New Indy IV Writer Hired
George Lucas and Steven Spielberg have hired Jeff Nathanson (Catch Me If You Can) to pen a new draft of a proposed fourth Indiana Jones movie, Variety reported. Nathanson has a track record with Spielberg, having written Catch and co-written The Terminal.

If Lucas, Spielberg and star Harrison Ford approve of the draft, Spielberg would still have to make the film a priority to get it into production anytime soon, the trade paper reported.

The Indiana Jones project seemed all but dead in February, when Paramount Pictures called off a summer production start because a script turned in by Frank Darabont didn't get a unanimous thumbs-up from Lucas, Spielberg and Ford, the trade paper reported. The trio has worked toward a fourth Indy film for a decade, with the understanding that each had to approve the script or they wouldn't go forward.

It looks like the zimmer-frame story is getting more and more likely. :(

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
I mean how long are we going to wait? Harrison will be booking into a retirement home before they get agreed on this...

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I'll be happy if they simply drop the whole project should Harrison Ford be unable to take the role for whatever reason. Trying to replace him with another actor would be insane ... although they would probably try the old "let's do a prequel' trick that is currently flavour of the decade in Hollywood (along with digging up old shows for remakes).