Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
try 3

I'm still working on the timing...

Attachments

• r2chris.gif
    r2chris.gif
    14.2 KB · Views: 284
That's great Zepp. Thanks! I appreciate all you've done for me on this. If there is something I can help you with (I have no idea what) just let me know.
:D

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I find Coruscant Costa's recent avatar selection more disturbing that the dj kitty in that other thread. I'm guessing that this is a result of his lack of interest in our current ewok avatar selection.

I now present an expanded ewok selection.
ewok1.gif
ewok2.gif
ewok3.gif
ewok4.gif
ewok5.gif
ewok9.gif

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
here's another that i had made that i wasn't sure that anyone would use ....

anakin.gif

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
to do the animation or to blend the corners with the background, it needs to be a GIF file. I use Imageready. Zepp is doing it differently, but that's how i do it. i assume you're asking this because you want to make your own? do you have photoshop?

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I use Paintshop Pro 7 and JASC Animation Shop 7...

I don't recommend them but they work.

PS Yodaman, I like your new av...

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I think this is the style that is used on this site... the corners are a pain in the butt to do, but I think they make the animation look sharper...

Attachments

• r2chris.gif
    r2chris.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 293

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
To get the Bothan Spy style of avatars is easy ... if you've got the right software.

You simply create your normal square image, chop the corners off and then run the Embossed Frame function/plug-in which does all the hard work for you. :)

Of course, with aminated avatars you may have to do each frame separately and then compile them into one GIF image.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
wow. Im gone for a day and a lot goes crazy. Hmm......stop confusing the ewokies Please.....

as for the new ewok avs, i like em.....but Im not sure if I like Padme more. :rolleyes:

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Originally posted by Buzz Bumble
To get the Bothan Spy style of avatars is easy ... if you've got the right software.

You simply create your normal square image, chop the corners off and then run the Embossed Frame function/plug-in which does all the hard work for you. :)

Of course, with aminated avatars you may have to do each frame separately and then compile them into one GIF image.

I have PSP7 and AS7 so I have to buttonize, do a roll on the corners (seperately) and then cut the background...

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Someone complained about avatar size limits. Sorry, they're there for a reason.

Bothan Spy Avatars:

There's a 1 pixel think black border all the way around w/ a 45 degree cut in the 2 corners. Saving them as a gif gets you the transparency (note: you want to make sure that the black border is solid, not blurry). You position your image and remove the excess that isn't within the border and then apply a slight emboss/bevel effect.

Animation is done w/ Imageready (for me) and is a more difficult thing to explain.

If you wanted to make your avatar look exactly the same as the ones I made, then just save the image to your computer and open it up in Photoshop (or whatever you're using). You can then delete everything out of the image but the border, put your avatar image on a different layer and then you're good to go. All you'd need to do is cut out the rest of the image that doesn't fit in the border and apply the effect.

Once you get the hang of it, it's not that hard.

:rock: