043 - Lightning Bear (Stormtrooper ANH, ESB & ROTJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
autographcollecting2.jpg

TBS_Lightning_Bear.jpg

Lightning bear has a lengthy career in film stunts, ranging from the 1960s through today. Most recently he was the Stunt Coordinator on Suspended and Bad Blood, the latter he also co-directed. He has worked on many recognizable films, including the Man Called Horse series (featuring Richard Harris), the James Bond film Diamonds are Forever, Battle for the Planet of the Apes, King Kong (1976) and The Poseidon Adventure. He also performed stunts and played a Stormtrooper in all three original Star War movies.

Be sure and check out The Bothan Spy's interview with Lightning Bear here.

Also check out his website here: www.lightningbear.co.uk

You can check out Mr. Bear’s IMDB filmography here: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0510019/

Mr. Bear signs for his fans, often very quickly. He seems to sign most items sent to him, and sometimes includes his own photos and letters. Most people seem to get a response in under two months, sometimes as little as three weeks. He appears to be residing in Germany right now. Germany is known for it’s high postage conversion rates, so you might want to include an extra IRC, especially if you are sending a photo of your own.

(NEW ADDRESS as of 5/24/06)

Lightning Bear
Karl Marx Str. 48
63452 Hanau
Germany

(no longer current)

Lightning Bear
Steinheimer Strasse 67
63450 Hanau
Germany

Should any celebrity wish their address not posted, please contact myself (darthskelington) or any site staff member and it will be removed immediately.

Attachments

• 0043 Lightning Bear ep4 2.jpg
    0043 Lightning Bear ep4 2.jpg
    567.3 KB · Views: 614
  • 0043 Lightning Bear ep4 3.jpg
    0043 Lightning Bear ep4 3.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 546
  • 0043 Lightning Bear ep6 4.jpg
    0043 Lightning Bear ep6 4.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 561
  • 0043 Lightning Bear ep6 5.jpg
    0043 Lightning Bear ep6 5.jpg
    548.5 KB · Views: 504
  • 0043 Lightning Bear epX 12.jpg
    0043 Lightning Bear epX 12.jpg
    504.7 KB · Views: 526

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Re: TBS Autograph Project 043 - Lightning Bear (Stormtrooper ANH, ESB & ROTJ)

Wrote to him at his Stunt Guild in the UK on 23 Jan 06 and send him a couple 8x10s and 3 IRCs.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Received a response from Mr. Bear today. :) He signed my cards (2 vintage and an index) and also wrote a short note on the bottom of my letter. Additionally, he enclosed two 8 X 11 photos of his own, and added another signed vintage trading card. All were personalized. :D Another outstanding response. The photos are not of the highest resolution, but much better than what i had available (none ;) ). Was mailed back from Germany, so this appears to be a permanent address, at least for the forseeable future.

Took 41 days.

He aslo confirmed that he played a Biker Scout. He was the one that "got shot off his speeder-bike,", which I assume is the one who was reporting back to base and made it about 10 feet. :p I'll have to watch the movie to double-check..but I think that was the only one who was shot.

Attachments

• lightning bear sig.jpg
    lightning bear sig.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 564

Yodasnews

New Recruit

I will be sending mine out in the AM!

Jedi_Joel

Agent

I'm going to have to write him a letter asking him whether or not he still checks his mail in the UK, because I send a bunch of Biker Scout related items to that address, and nothing's come back yet. :(

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Give it a little more time first Joel......that stuff has to be forwarded to Germany..so you can expect more of a delay. You only sent yours out a few weeks before I did.

However, I suspect he would be very responsive to a letter inquiry, so that's a good idea. I'd give it another week or so jsut in case.

pushican

Lightning Bear

Hello Everyone!!

I want to thank all for your comments. I do my best to answer all that write to me. For those of you who have written and not heard from me, means I did not receive you letters. Unfortunatly, not all my mail gets forwarded. I am currently trying to get an offical website up and will let everyone know when it is. Thanks again for all the nice comments and I hope to be able to meet and talk with you at a convention soon.

Lightning Bear

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Re: TBS Autograph Project 043 - Lightning Bear (St

pushican said:
Hello Everyone!!

I want to thank all for your comments. I do my best to answer all that write to me. For those of you who have written and not heard from me, means I did not receive you letters. Unfortunatly, not all my mail gets forwarded. I am currently trying to get an offical website up and will let everyone know when it is. Thanks again for all the nice comments and I hope to be able to meet and talk with you at a convention soon.

Lightning Bear
Funny you post this today, because I just got the letter I wrote to you 4 months ago to the day returned to me. I shall try sending it to the address in Germany listed here.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

pushican said:
Hello Everyone!!

Hello!

I just wanted to say a big Thank You for the autographs you sent me! I appreciate them very much. :D

Warren (a fellow Texan)
Darth Skellington

Barada

Saboteur

pushican said:
Hello Everyone!!

Lightning Bear

Welcome Lightning Bear!

It is our pleasure to have you join our little community, and I look forward to possibly hearing some insights from you concerning your film work.

All the best, and on behalf of the entire Bothan Spy membership, we hope you like what you see and join us more often.

Ian (Barada)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos

Lightning Bear himself has provided a new mailing address, which is posted above. :cool:

It is in Hanau, Germany, so hopefully mail that was sent to the previous address will be forwarded with no problems.

pushican

Lightning Bear

Thank you for the welcome to your group. Since one mentioned my film career and having an interest in it, please fill free to ask me any questions you have. I am not online every day so I will answer as quickly as I can. I have been very lucky in this industry, having started in 1965. I was also the Biker Scout that was shot off the Speeder by Carrie Fisher in ROTJ.

Lightning Bear

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member

Lightning Bear asked me to post this image for him.

Attachments

• bike1.jpg
    bike1.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 567

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER

That's cool! Is that the actual film prop?

RYAN J.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith

Welcome to the Bothan Spy Lightning Bear, honored to have you here.

Must have been great fun meeting all the various stars etc over the years. Can't imagine it was all a bed of roses though, what with being thrown off horses, speeder bikes and whatnot.

Do you have any particular memories of Richard Harris? Met him myself breifly years ago and he seemed to be living life at full throttle :)

pushican

Lightning Bear

Hi All!

I have been very lucky in my Career. I have met and worked with some great people and some not so great. The Speeder in the pic (which was taken on the 20th of May) is a replica. It was at a show in Swindon England. There were 14 of us all there. It was a good show and I think the fans had a great time.

Concerning Richard Harris, he was a very nice man and deeply interested in my culture. I had the pleasure of working with him several times. I was also very honored to have been ask to speak at his Memorial Tribute that was held in England.

Lightning Bear

Jedi_Joel

Agent

darthskelington said:
Lightning Bear himself has provided a new mailing address, which is posted above. :cool:

It is in Hanau, Germany, so hopefully mail that was sent to the previous address will be forwarded with no problems.
I hope it is forwarded too! I sent it to the old address before the new one was posted.

Jedi_Joel

Agent

Fortunate for me, the mail was forwarded to the new address, and Lightning Bear graciously signed all the items I had included and also wrote me a nice letter as well answering my question. It took 22 days.

lbcard11yh.jpg

lbcard21yh.jpg

lightningbear5sw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.