New waves found..Fan Choice fig comparisons

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I've recently found a LOT of the new figures this week, and promptly bought most of them for fear of not seeing them again. :p

Included is what I call the Awesome wave, consisting of Tatooed Anakin, Yoda with Kybuck, Hermi Odle, Darth Malak, Darth Revan, Starkiller Hero, McVader, McSnowtrooper, Smuggler Lando, CZ-4, C-3PO & Salacious Crumb, etc. I must say, they are all pretty awesome. Snowtrooper has a removable face cowl, Revan's cloak come off, as does Malak's jaw mask. Starkiller Hero's helmet/goggles come off. Careful with McVader's saber....it is too big for his hand and I snapped it surprisingly easily trying to put it in his hand (thank you superglue :p )

I've also seen a number of the Fan's Choice re-issues:

AOTC super-articulated Clone Troopers: I've seen white, Red, and Yellow.

Battle droid 2-packs (white & white Commander, red shot & red sliced, and white shot & white sliced)

Sandtrooper (clean w/white pauldron, dirty w'gray pauldron, and an orange pauldron....I need to compare these to exisiting figures still)

Imperial officers....I've seen the blonde and one of the brown haired variants...they appear identical to the POTJ releases from years ago.

Pit Droids (red 2pk and white 2pk)......these two sets are based on the Holy grails of modern figure collecting...the European Holo-Sidious/Naboo Guard pit droid 2-packs. These are great because you get 2 of the super-rare sculpts. Unfortunately, the paint jobs are significantly Different from the original releases, for you completists out there.

Original red Pit Droid was a dusty faded red with gray (stripes) and silver(joints) paint.
New red Pit Droid is deep burgandy red with silver paint (stripes and joints)

Original white pit droid was cream colored with gray markings
New white Pit Droid is brighter (almost white) with dark gray markings.

Also, the pit droids come with Silver boxes....the originals were tan with orange stripes and black weathering.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
I saw most of them in the weekend in ToysRus. The Expanded Universe wave (including McQuarrie Vader and Starkiller Hero) I bought online so I didn't bougth them. Just waiting for the package to arrive.

I got the CZ-4, Han Solo with torture rack, smuggler Lando, 4-LOM and Gen McQuarrie.

No signs of the McQuarrie Snowtropper yet. :(

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Our local Target is still on Wave 1 because they are overstocked on half a million Galactic Marines.

I was in Illinois 3 weeks ago though, and picked up the Han Solo w/ Torture Rack, 4-LOM, as well as the stormtrooper from Wave 2. I saw Lando but couldn't afford him at the time. Hope I'll start seeing them here sometime soon... I'm especially pumped for the Clone Wars and KOTOR figs...

Oh and by the way the guy ahead of me in the checkout line that day had the only McQuarrie Snowtrooper they had in his possession.:( So I cursed myself for not arriving in the aisle 5 minutes earlier since I was oggling at one of there LEGO displays....:p

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
I binged and bought 8 more figures I found today... I bought Umpass-Stay, Elis Helrot, #16 Darth Vader, and the Rancor Scene Luke Skywalker at a Toys R Us, and found the Animated Boba Fett, Gold Coin Galactic Marine, Gold Coin Mace Windu, and Gold Coin R2-D2 at KMart.:eek:

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Just thought I'd add that I was able to pick up Lando Calrissian and General McQuarrie today.:cool:

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
I finally was able to find the McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper today!!:D

I only started collecting the figures a month or two ago, but have racked up 24 of them so far. Has anyone had trouble finding the Mustafar Lava Miner and Rebel Honor Guard from the first two waves? I can't seem to find them.:(

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Chewie;77375 said:
I finally was able to find the McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper today!!:D

I only started collecting the figures a month or two ago, but have racked up 24 of them so far. Has anyone had trouble finding the Mustafar Lava Miner and Rebel Honor Guard from the first two waves? I can't seem to find them.:(

I have seem a few of them around town.

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
I have found all of these except Gen Mcquarrie and McSnowtrooper. Also found Pre-cyborg Grevious, clone trainee (red tunic), Roron Corrob, Voolviff Monn, and "Fireside" Padme.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I haven't seen that Fireside Padme wave yet. And I haven't seen a McSnowtrooper again since the day I bought mine. I haven't found any McQuarries because my local store got a bunch of gold coin cases and I think he's the one that gets booted in place of a gold coin fig. :(

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
I found the following in ToyRUs in King of Prussia this week: Clone trainee (red tunic), Destroyer Droid with 1/2 Shield, Voolviff Monn, and the new Padme (Fireside). Interesting they try to charge me $9.99 for each figure but the price tag says $6.99. I complained and they ajusted the price. :D

Still looking for the McSnowtrooper. Found one back in PR but it was those small independent stores. They wanted $22.00 for the figure. I just laugh and leave the store. Sadly, I know somebody will pay the $22.00 for it. :mad: