G.I. Joe Giveaway

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
3799291839_308923e206_o.jpg

In celebration of the release of G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra movie, The Bothan Spy will be giving away a Storm Shadow Mighty Mugg!

G.I. Joe is, to some, the "other" great 3-3/4" toy line to come out of the 80's. In many ways, it evolved from the success of the 70's and early 80's Star Wars action figure line. Not to mention, it had cool masked villains, doomsday weapons, and loads of nifty vehicles and playsets.

So, in honor of G.I. Joe and it's new movie, one lucky Spy will win a Storm Shadow Mighty Mugg.

All you have to do is reply this thread, answering three simple questions:

1. Who is your favorite G.I. Joe character and why?
2. What is your favorite G.I. Joe action figure?
3. What is your favorite G.I. Joe toy (vehicle or playset)?

There is a wide range of G.I. Joe characters and toys to choose from, ranging from the 1960's until today. If you never played with or watched any of the old toys or cartoons, pick a favorite from the new movie.

A winner will be randomly chosen from complete responses here in this thread. You have until midnight CST on Friday, August 21, 2009 to enter.

Good luck!

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Nifty contest! I already have one of these but I'll answer the questions for fun.

1. This is a tough one...I might change my answer after I rewatch the cartoons. But right now I'll say Shipwreck.

shipwreck.jpg

2. Baroness version 11 I never had any of the action figures, but this one is pretty awesome!

baroness11.jpg

3. I like the snowmobiles and the things with the drills on the front...someone has to tell me what their names are. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I'd have to agree with Shipwreck being one of my favorite Joes. Destro and maybe Zartan are my fave villains.

As for figure, the vintage and modern Cobra BATs areamong my faves.
cobra-bat.jpg

I like several of the vehicles, but the Cobra Night Raven is pretty sweet. I like the vintage toy, but the new movie version is neat as well.

Night-raven.jpg

nightraven2.jpg

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
#1 Definately General Hawk! :cool: Dennis is going to rock in this role. :D
Hawk.jpg

#2 I used to have this old 12" one that was African American that I got for one of my birthdays. I can't remember hs name, but he was my first G.I. Joe. Sadly, he's gone' now. :(

#3 I'm going to have to go with the Cobra Night Raven as well. Such an aweosme vehicle! Wish I could afford a real working one. :D
http://www.theterrordrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/nightraven2.jpg

RYAN-J

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
1. Favorite Character: The Baroness. I think the episode the Game Master episode is the reason. :)

2. Destro in his Iron Granadier uniform.

3. Has to be the Defiant Space Shuttle Complex.

fav. gi joe charactor is duke it seems no matter the odds he doesnt give up

fav, action figure this is a tough one i would have to say its a tie between snake eyes and storm shadow

this is a tough one i can go with the mauler mobat ratler conquest and knight raven but i'm gonna go with the knight raven

rogue9a

Junior Spy
- It's really a tough one, I love Snake Eyes also a huge fan of Duke and Scarlet. Lt. Falcon was a favorite of mine from the animated film. Villains Destro, Baroness and Cobra Commander were my favs there.

- I loved by Snake Eye's action figure, sadly I lost it ages ago. I plan on getting the Snake Eyes from the film though.

- I'm a plane guy, I love planes always have. Worst part of moving for me was moving away from a major airport. That said my favorite is The Cobra Night Raven.

My favorite character has always been Snake Eyes.

My favorite action figure was Airborne.

My favorite toy (vehicle or playset) was a toss-up between the Polar Battle Bear (snowmobile) and the W.H.A.L.E. (hovercraft).

Dulock

New Recruit

It has to be Snake-Eyes. I love the look, I love the fact that he doesn't talk. Silent Interlude pretty much hooked me onto comics by itself.

Toss up between Firefly v.1 (1984) and Storm Shadow v.2 (1988)

Oooh, tough call. I think I have to give the edge to the Killer W.H.A.L.E.
over the Mobile Command Center...to be fair, I never had the U.S.S. Flagg or the Defiant which may have earned the top spot.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Just a reminder that today is the last day to enter our G.I. Joe giveaway! You have until midnight CST tonight to enter. Winner will be announced sometime tomorrow.

Thanks for all the great answers so far!

SWfan

Infiltrator
Snake Eyes. Because he's cool!

General Hawk from the movie.

Cobra Night Raven

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thank you to all out entrants! By random draw, out of our 7 entries, the winner is:

SWfan!

Congratulations! You have one week to PM me claiming your prize and providing your mailing info. After one week, a new name will be drawn. Thanks again everyone for playing. :D