Author Autographs: You Help Needed

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
I have been collecting autographs from all the Star Wars authors for the past couple years, and am coming really close to a complete collection. However, there are a few authors that I have searched for mailing addresses and such on-line and have found nothing time after time. If ANYONE has any info that would help me track down the following few authors it would be greatly apprecaited. (Or if you already have an autograph you would be willing to trade/sell.)

-Elaine Cunningham
-Troy Denning
-K.W. Jeter
-Greg Keyes
-David West Reynolds
-L. Neil Smith
-Matthew W. Stover
-Daniel Wallace
-Ryder Windham
-Dave Wolverton

Thanks so much!! :)

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Thanks, SWfan - I just send PM's to Troy, Matt Stover, and Dan Wallace via the force.net message boards, as well as John Ostrander, Jan Duursema, and Joe Corroney. I'm anxious to see if any reply. Thanks again!

trooperkittie

Jedi Knight
That's really cool. I've been wanting to write to a lot of authors but haven't been able to find address'. I'm going to make a list up and try to find some tonight.

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
I got a reply from Troy Denning today!
This was his response:

"Hi Zack,

Thanks very much for your compliments--I'm glad you enjoy my books. If you'd like an autograph, the simplest thing to do is send a bookplate to me through Del Rey. You can find the address in front of any of my Star Wars novels, I think--or certainly on the web. It'll take a few weeks (months?) to work through the system, but that's the easiest way to do it by mail. I'll also be on tour in May, I think, but I don't know what cities I'm visiting yet.

Take care,

Troy"

Cool! I figured I could send to Del Rey but I didn't know if they passed fan mail on or not. I'll be getting a letter ready once I find the address. Thanks again to Star Wars Fan!

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Chewie! That's awesome news! I'm very happy for you! I hope you get responses from every one else too :D

RYAN-J

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
I hope so too. Even if they don't though, most of the people on my list wrote for Del Rey at some point so theoretically I could do the same thing as Troy Denning. :p

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
I just got another reply - this time from Matthew Stover:

"Hi, Zack. I'm glad you've enjoyed my books; everyone likes to be appreciated. I don't really have a separate fanmail address, and I prefer that my home address remain largely private. You can always send your request to me, care of Del Rey Books . . . but they are VERY slow about forwarding fan mail, and I am notoriously unreliable in replying. So don't send actual books. Book plates are the way to go, and don't expect to get an answer in less than six months or so.

If you decide to go that way, you can always check in with me here (via pm) to find out if I've received them yet.

Thanks for writing!

MWS"

So basically the same information. I will be sending a request to him shortly as well. :cool:

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
So cool man!! I'm glad there all replying to your messages! it's an awesome feeling to see reply's from Authors and Celebrity's in your Email inbox :D :D

RYAN-J ;)

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
There appears to be info in the StarTiger database for some of my listed authors. If anyone has an account that could look up a couple for me, it would be greatly appreciated!!

(Jude Watson, Elaine Cunningham, Roger MacBride Allen, K.W. Jeter, & L. Neil Smith)

Thanks guys!!!

Victor_Von_Doom

All that is man
Chewie;80921 said:
There appears to be info in the StarTiger database for some of my listed authors. If anyone has an account that could look up a couple for me, it would be greatly appreciated!!

(Jude Watson, Elaine Cunningham, Roger MacBride Allen, K.W. Jeter, & L. Neil Smith)

Thanks guys!!!

Jude Watson
c/o Scholastic
557 Broadway
New York, NY 10012

Elaine Cunningham
c/o The Literary Group International
The Stanford Building
51 E. 25th St., Ste. 401
New York, NY 10010

and

c/o Donald Maass Literary Agency
Suite 801
121 West 27th Street
New York, NY 10001

and

c/o Tom Doherty Associates, LLC
175 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10010

and

11 South Angell Street #481
PRovidence, RI 02906-5206

Roger Macbride Allen (No current address)

K.W. Jeter
c/o Donald Maass Literary Agency
121 West 27th St., Suite 801
New York, NY 10001

L. Neil Smith
c/o Baen Books
P.O. Box 1403
Riverdale, NY 10471

and

c/o Tom Doherty Associates, LLC
175 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10010

None of these had any successes or pending successes with them. Good luck!

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Still looking for solid addresses on Greg Keyes, David West Reynolds, Jude Watson, and L. Neil Smith if anyone knows anything. Thanks!

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Chewie;82898 said:
Still looking for solid addresses on Greg Keyes, David West Reynolds, Jude Watson, and L. Neil Smith if anyone knows anything. Thanks!
For Jude Watson, give:
c/o Scholastic
557 Broadway
New York, NY 10012

a try. They forward letters for most of their authors, but include a postage-paid envelope with the author's name on it and they'll forward your letter.