Who's your daddy?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I have discussed this with a few and i thought i had a thread in here on it, but i don't seem to be able to find it. So here is a bit of my original thought and something that i heard that puts a twist on it, or stands on it's own. These are just thoughts.

What if it was Qui-Gon who had the clone army built? What if he was working with Dooku? what if he wasn't as good as we are led to believe?

Now, with that said, what if Dooku is Anakin's father? What if he is not as bad as we are led to believe? I even heard a theory on Palpatine being Anakin's father but that one is more difficult for me to swallow and i like the Dooku idea better.

I have some more thoughts on this, but i would like hear what anyone else might have to say about this.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
That is really hard to believe, yet it has a bit of sense in it. My theory is that Qui Gon was Anakin's father, but Dooku would make sense because he and Palpatine may have been working together. The emperor may have used Dooku and when Anakin was old enough, betrayed him for his new apprentice. You wonder how Dooku could disappear without a trace from ep2 to ep4. This is what I think but we will have to wait until 2005 for the true answer. :cool:

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
The theory that i heard was based on the fact that Episodes I & II are patterned after episodes IV & V. As with Vader cutting off Luke's hand and unable to bring himself to kill him, so has Dooku done with Anakin, cutting off his arm having every chance to kill him as well. Dooku had every chance to kill Kenobi as well, but only nicks him a couple of times. Of course you can't kill off charaters that appear in the OT, the thought is that maybe dooku isn't as bad as he appears.
Anakin becomes Palpatine's apprentice, taking the place of Dooku as was expected of Luke to take the place of Vader at the side of Palpatine.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
That is true and i'm only speculating. In my original theory, dooku played a small roll, but the "daddy" theory has been suggested and i thought that it might warant some discussion. I do still say that Dooku did have the opportunity to kill Anakin and did not. Now, if this has anything to do with the story line or if it's just the fact that Anakin must live on to become Vader anyway.

I enjoy reading the "daddy" theories. The possibilities are many and I think we will never get the answer. Although George is Big on Star Wars mirroring religion. So in that sense Anakin may have very well been conceived of the force as Shmi stated just as Jesus was born to Mary.

We may see Deluxe Count Dooku or Darth Sidious with Impregnating Force Power come 2005, who knows though....:)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I agree that the dooku theory isn't one of my favorites but i don't think that we've heard the last of Qui-Gon. I think that he was involved with Dooku somehow. I think that it was qui-gon who they refer to in aotc that had the clone army construced and died 10 years earlier. Qui-Gon seems to have respect for the jedi council but he obviously does not entirely respect their judgement (as with anakin). Perhaps qui-gon and Dooku lived in this grey area where they felt it was there place to take matters into their own hands.

Guttersnipe

New Recruit
Hello all. New boy with first post:)

I was thinking that Palps was Anakins father.
It is not as far fetched as you think. Remember Shmi said there was no father, so there was no sexual contact but what if Palps used the Dark Side to father Anakin.
I mean we are to believe that The Force fathered him anyway, so why not The Dark Side? and why not manipulated by Palps?

There is a lack of soap opera family ties in the PT (I am your Father/Sister) so that would be one hell of a shocker to everyone and would add to the fact that Vader "cannot" disobey his master.

It would make Lukes duel in ROTJ more desperate as he attempts to do what Vader cannot.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
anything is possible but then that would make palpatine luke's grandpa and i've problems with that.

anyway, i saw this posted over at r2news

R2N forum member TND sends in a very interesting piece of information from a book on angels. Knowing that Lucas has often used the theme of religion in Star Wars makes this all the more interesting (while there's no spoilers, or anything from the movies at all, spoiler-wary people probably shouldn't read on, just in case):

I think that I've found something newsworthy, though not about collecting. It deals with the speculation about Anakin's father , if there is one or is he conceived by the force. I just bought this book on angels. it's a sort of encyclopedia. in the book one of the entries is "anakim" . nevermind the "m" / "n" switch, i think it's interesting. The first sentence is key.

Here's what the book says:
"Anakim - The name given to the children born out of the union of mortal women with the fallen angels who had descended to earth. The Book of Genesis records that the angels (called here " the sons of God") "looking at the women , saw how beautiful they were and married as many of them as they chose" (6:12). The result of these marriages were the anakim. Derived from the Hebrew word "anak", meaning giants, and also called the nephilim, these giants were said to be so tall that they literally touched the sun. Described in Genesis as "men of renown," the giants were actually mortal, existing without the benefits of any divine blood, inheriting none of the angelic attributes of their fathers. Among the angels listed as the sires of the anakim are Semyaza, Azza, and Azael."

from "Angels A to Z - A Who's Who of the Heavenly Host" by Matthew Bunson

Fallen angels? Kind of makes me think of fallen Jedi...Very interesting stuff there, TND, and from an unexpected place.