Who is the black pilot in ROTJ?

dahoov2

New Recruit
I was watching (I think it was Jedi) and just realized there was a black Xwing Pilot in it... I never even noticed that before. I'd love to find out who he is as well as the two dignataries that Palpentine talks to when he's got Luke... There are so many left to be found.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I've been wondering that too...although I noticed him many a year ago. :p He's my favorite ROTJ pilot (sorry Wedge). "She's gonna blow!"

I have no idea who played him. I'm not even sure the character has an official name. I'd love an action figure of him though.

As for the dignataries...I don't think any of the actors have been identified..and it's possible they may be deceased. There are character names for some of the digniaries. Sim Aloo is the tall one with the turban-like hat...the same one the vintage figure was modeled after. I forget the others off hand right now.

Now for some extra trivia:
Not to be confused with the ROTJ dignitaries is Sate Pestage. Pestage was an expanded universe character created by Lucasfilm/Kenner in 1984-85. He was supposed to be a part of the new toy and possibly a cartoon series back in 85. It never happened. However..the character Sate Pestage (Palpatine's Grand Vizier ...his head dignitary, so to speak) was used in West End Games sourcebook material and again in the 1990s in the X-Wing comics by Michael Stackpole. Since Pestage was supposed to be running many of the daily operations of the empire, I suppose he was the equavalent of Mas Amedda as far as ranking seniority.

dahoov2

New Recruit
Interesting Trivia! Well, if there's a will there's a way... out there somewhere is a call sheet with the name on it! If he's got a line, he's got a name. There are actually so many left to identify, but it's kind of fun to watch it again, not as a film in it's entirity, but to look for new people and notice new things maybe you didn't see before!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
yeah...I spot new things all the time....which sometimes surprises me how I'd never noticed it before after dozens of viewings.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
To update my Sate Pestage trivia....I forgot the cahracter was originally intended for a small role in ESB...where his hologram speaks with Vader before he addresses the Emperor. And the Kenner Star Destroyer playset intructions state that Vader can communicate viahologram with the Grand Vizier.

The other two dignitaries that have toys are Kren Blista Vanee and Janus Greejatus. Janus would be the other dignatary in the throne room, I believe. There are two dignitaries wearing the hooded outfits...one with red piping and one with purple piping...otherwise they are nearly identical. The SW Chronicles book has a great publicity photo of all the dignitaries.

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
I had noticed the pilot also and was thinking about making a custom figure of him by putting the head of the black Endor rebel trooper onto the body of Dutch. This would work out perfect as he actually had the same helmet as Dutch.

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
Actually, the VOTC X-Wing Luke body would work better as it has the right kind of neck to pop the head onto. And then just add the dutch helmet.