When to watch the trailer. . .

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Here's some good info:
EP3: FINAL REMINDER -- US Teaser Trailer Information
Posted by From TheForce.Net on November 4, 2004:

All -

As a reminder, here are all of the ways one can go about catching the trailer today:

November 4th

* The Official Site: Hyperspace members will have exclusive access to a high-quality Quicktime version of the teaser in "early afternoon (U.S.) of November 4."
* AOL Users: Since AOL/Moviefone will be hosting the trailer for download on their servers, we've received reports that AOL subscribers will have access to some version of the teaser (unknown of what quality) at 1 pm EST.
* Total Request Live! The MTV program will have the first televised airing at 5 pm EST on November 4th.
* Access Hollywood: The next televised viewing will occur on the syndicated Hollywood news program during Thursday, November 4th's evening broadcast. Check local listings for your time and channel.

November 5th

* The Incredibles: The first movie prints out there with the teaser is Pixar Animation's The Incredibles. In most cases, there should be 12:01 am Friday screenings where you can catch the film. NOTE: There is a note from previous reports that the teaser MAY NOT be attached to all prints, so caveat emptor ("buyer beware").

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
WOO HOO!!!

I just saw the trailer (and hopefully grabed it on VHS tape) on the Australian breakfast TV magazine-style show Today - evidently the first program in the world to show it. :D

There's bit's from various other Star Wars movies followed by a lot of quick flicking scenes from Episode III, including Yoda lighting up his lightsabre and Palpatine in the same frame as a lightsabre (not sure if it was his or not), Anakin and Obi-Wan battleing it out, lots of lava, space battles, etc., etc.

Time to check that tape and re-watch it ... and then again, and again, and again. I might even get around to trying to get it onto my computer before I wear out the tape (although I'll still be downloading it ASAP). :)

Edit: Just in case Darth Aussie reads this in the next little while, Today will be replaying the trailer at some stage before it finishes this morning (Friday, 29 October).

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Wow..they still air TRL? :p Haven't had cable in a while. I despise that show. I remeber watching it once or twce o see the premiere of a new Manson or Zombie video or something. It's just 20 minutes of listening to some [BOTHAN-EDIT] talking about nothing interspersed with up to 30 seconds of the most requested videos. Grrr..

Anyhoo, I downloaded the trailer from the link Buzz supplied. Very cool. After watching the video a couple more times with pauses, I'm pretty certain Palpatine is holding that saber. Another detail I saw was behind the Wookiee Army there are Juggernauts and Walkers of some sort. :cool:

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
You should have seen what the fools here did. They played it on the evening TV3 News (right at the end of course), but the idiots kept right on talking about Star Wars over the top of it so you couldn't hear most of the trailer's sound. :toed:

I can't be bothered staying up late to watch the late news to see if they do the same thing - especially since I've now downloaded my own copy.

To quote an ethusiastic person from the Usenet newsgroups:
FREAKIN' AWESOME!!

:D

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
I also dowloaded it. I like how they tied the original trilogy in with Obi-Wan's dialog. I didn't see General Greivous anywhere??? Not that I'm complaining, it was a nice peak into EPISODE III. Only 7 months to wait!

:vader:

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Buzz, i also saw it on Today program. Man, this movie looks like its going to a too long before it gets here. Loved the tie in with Old ben talking at the start and then BANG! it just goes off from there....this movie is going to rock!

P.S where's a good place to download it quality wise?

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
That link and all the others I found yesterday seem to be dead now. No new ones have turned up yet, but I'm keeping my eyes open.

The version I got was a 480 x 206 :confused: size, but there's probably a better/bigger version on Hyperspace that I'll get instead when they open it up to everyone. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I posted a new link in the Espionage Report section topic which is still working at the moment. :)

There is also evidently a 60meg version floating around BitTorrent if you can use that.

:)