What really counts...

joewhite

New Recruit
Hey Folks! Some of you may be asking what I'm still doing postin if I'm supposed to be at Basic Training. Well, my wife is actually typing this up. I wrote it up on the way to San Antonio and asked her if she could post it.

I wanted to briefly describe my recent trip to Plano, Tx. I was lucky to be able to attend the Sci Fi Expo Star Wars Celebration held there. Man! My wife, son, and brother and I had a blast! We met Tem Morrison, David Prowse, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhen,& Jeremy Bullock to name a few. We also attended the movie fight experience where Ray Parks & Andreas Petrides duked it out with real swords and answered questions.

But my main reason for writing this was to describe what, in my opinion, really counts within collecting, and that was having the chance to meet two of my best friends in the collecting scene, Amshak & Big Bad Jedi! It was great to finally see who it was I would stay up late chatting with about Star Wars! Now, you can make your "Awe!" comments whenever you like, but I gotta say these two dudes fell nothing short of cool! We even went on a quick toy hunt with a few good finds.

What I really want to point out is that I had to drive 500 miles & 8 hours to be around true friends! Too bad I can't say that about any collector I've met in my town!
But I can say this about a lot of you guys! I've had a friendlier experience collecting over the net than in my hometown! I just wish I could meet all of you in person! Now isn't a bad time to start saving for C3! Hehe!

Well, I won't be on for some time so I'd also like to take this time to say bye...for awhile. All of you stay cool! Peace!

Joe
"joewhite"

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I'll second that "AWWW".... but it really was the highlight of the show, meeting Joe, Eric and their families. Hopefully next time, more members can attend. I also understand that all of the Bothan Staff are making plans now to attend CIII... even Darth Aussie from way down under.

Barada

Saboteur
We sure are. A whole Bothan Spy contingent. We should try to round up as many members as possible also. The Bothans are going to take over CIII!

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
If they host it in upstate NY, then THE BOTHAN SPY will gladly secure your passage to CIII...:rolleyes:

Seriously though, I *think* we're going to all make the next one!