What is it?

Specifically on the back of my POTJ figures I see a 5 digit number pressed into the cardback. Does anybody know what this is?

I have 2 POTJ R2-D2s moc identical in every way other than one has the number punched in under the force file (02271) and the other card having a different number 1" down on the left side (02901).

On a side question from that, does anyone have any POTJ R2s with a different number or location on their cardback?

Barada

Saboteur
Those are some kind of date stamp.

Sometimes, they can be used to easily identify variants. I know the white hair Jorg Sacul variant had a different number stamp.

Sorry, that's the most info I can help you with Chris.

Barada

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
those are date stamps that are applied during the production. only the hard core variation hunters pay attention to that number and/or actually collect them. where that number comes in handy is when you're trying to figure out which variation is more rare .... trying to figure out when a change was made to a figure. still, you never know how many figures were produced on any given day.

generally, most figures will be produced on more than one day and if you collected figures based on date stamps, you would probably be collecting several of each figure to get each date stamp.

the 1st number in the sequence is the year, the next 3 numbers represent the day of the year and i think the 5th number will always be a 1. most companies who use a production stamp like this use either the 1st or the last number in the sequence to specify which plant it was produce at. normally a letter is used for the locations. since the last number is always a "1", i doubt that refelects a specific location where a figure was produced .... the system they use is set up for 5 numbers and the last one defaults to a "1".

so, a number that reads 50151 was produced on January 15, 2005

Wow. Thanks guys. That is alot of information you wouldn't expect anyone to know with that much detail.

One more question about these POTJ figures while I'm at it....

Did the POTJ figure line only come on english cards or could you find it on bilogo/trilogo because I haven't seen any?

Barada

Saboteur
chris solo said:
Did the POTJ figure line only come on english cards or could you find it on bilogo/trilogo because I haven't seen any?

Not only did most of the POTJ line come on tri-logo cards, we even had a 'rare' exclusive. This Vader's sticker on the lower right of the bubble was a Canadian-only release, seen in this pic courtesy of snowtroopers.ca..

darthvaderdagobah.jpg

You can see the entire line of POTJ tri-logos here.

Barada