What are your collecting goals?

The way I look at collecting is having a collection inside of a collection. Some people have alot of Star Wars stuff but they specifically try to collect a set of something.

Myself I have alot of figures moc from the different series-just the ones I like. My collections inside of a collection would be trying to get one of every loose vintage figure, all Ep.1 moc, and one of every different R2-D2 card variation that ever came out.

Realistically, what are your immediate goals (not like "I want one of everything"). What is your collecting passion?

Currently, I am hooked on the Unleashed line. My goal for now is to complete that line, Saga 2002 basic/deluxe/vehicles and the same for Saga 2003.

Next will be POTJ, than Episode I than POTF2. My collection has huge holes in those areas.

My ultimate goal is 1 Carded and 1 Loose of everything POTF2 - current and 1 each loose vintage basic figs and a few vintage carded figs.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
The problem with me making a goal is, I will be obsessive, forced to fulfill it, then live the rest of my life on the streets with all of them sealed in tiny plastic bubbles. I will refuse to sell them, for I fear that after I sell them, they might jump in value. Just like waiting to buy a big screen TV. You wont buy iy because you fear that in a month it will be on sale 15% cheaper......

Sorry....a little off topic......but thats typicalllll...

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
My immediate goal: find ANY new stuff.

Trying to collect Star Wars toys here in New Zealand is like trying to live in an igloo in the Sahara. :(

Originally posted by Buzz Bumble
My immediate goal: find ANY new stuff.

Trying to collect Star Wars toys here in New Zealand is like trying to live in an igloo in the Sahara. :(

I have similar problems here in Canada but you can look on the bright side.....

There are less people collecting Star Wars in New Zealand which makes your collection more unique and if you ever decide to sell (doubt it) you'll get top dollar locally when the time comes. You are also considered a regional expert.

Regarding the igloo in the Sahara.....

At least you'll stay cool for a bit and you don't need to worry about running out of water any time soon.

There are many stores in the States and Canada that would be happy to help you out. You get set up on a figure plan. As soon as the figures come out they put you one aside. Maybe you can arrange one of these scenarios and ask them to hold it until they have a few put aside and get them to send you it in bulk (prepay).
:)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
There are "quite a few" Star Wars collectors in (a relative term when you consider the entire population of New Zealand is only about 4 million), but the shops just don't like stocking the Star Wars stuff. This is partly thanks to Hasbro's insane idea of case packing (one of figure a, two of figure B, 3 of figure C) meaning they end up with LOTS of 'peg-warmers'.

There is an unofficial local Star Wars NZ Fan/Collectors Club that started up a couple of years ago, but seems to be fading out due to lack of news and lack of time/interest by the original founders. There's also a small band on The Force.Net forums, although most aren't hard core collectors, just fans.

I could get stuff from overseas, but being miles from anywhere on the butt of the planet means the shipping charges are crippling - you pretty much have to double the price of the figure. :(

Yoda Man

New Recruit
My goal is to collect any figure that was part of the Arena Battle so I can use them to play with my Arena Playset.:)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
My ultimate goal is to collect one loose version of every 3-3/4" scale figure and vehicle, in the hopes that one day I can display it all nicely either in a display cases or dioramas. I was well on my way to modern set, until about last year.

I now have a money crunch and my adjusted goal is to keep on top of things and not miss out on things like the Christmas Yoda and Silver Fett (when it hits the fan club). I also collect things I particularly like, such as the vintage Sigma items, only the really neat 12" figures, Unleashed (if only they weren't so expensive.....), certain carded figures, etc. I also try not to get sidetracked too much by SW autographs, which can be equally rewarding and expensive.

BTW, Buzz--your new avatar is kinda distracting. I keep reading your posts thinking, Who is this new guy? Buzz Bumble...Ewok master of disguise ;)

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Maybe I should make a poor attempt to make an avatar slowly change into an ewok, then a teddybear disguised as an ewok......now thats an idea!!

And yeah Buzz, your avatar looks kinda wierd.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Hey, there's nothing wrong with my blinking Ewok (TM), (R), (C). :p

That Wicket is actually from the header graphic for my own website (which has been indefinitely postponed, thanks to two free webspace providers going belly up). It's also one of a complete set of slightly smaller icons/avatars I made ages ago. Just be thankful that the eyes don't follow your mouse around. :D

You can blame CoruscantCosta (who's suddenly grown EXTRA large!) for putting me onto the ability to upload a custom icon/avatar. Geez, you think mine looks "weird" and "disturbing" - I'm still not sure about his psychadelic Ewok! :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Maybe you did post 'custom avatar instructions' and I just didn't see them.

I know it wasn't an option when I joined, but with limited online time and a s-l-o-w dial-up connection I have to be a little bit choosy about what I read. :(

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Originally posted by darthskelington
And the avatar blinks too. Now that's just disturbing:p

:eye::eye:

Look what I caught for dinner
9792_blinky.gif

;)