Vintage Sonic Landspeeder question

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I was wondering if anyone out there owns a Sonic landspeeder and could help me out. I was bidding on one today (and sadly lost). I noticed after bidding that it was missing it's seats. So...I have two questions:

Are the Sonic seats the same as the standard landspeeder seats? (and/or are they interchangeable (for legitimate or shady reasons)?

Secondly, is the windsheild the same on both landspeeders? Will the standard windshield fit onto the sonic landspeeder?

I'd like to be better informed so I know what I'm looking for online. For those who don't know about the Sonic landspeeder...it was a JC Penney exclusive, and was battery operated. It could be "remote controlled" using an R2-D2 shaped noise-clicker. When it picked up the noise....the landspeeder would change direction. It is larger than the regular landspeeder...but still accommodates figures...and has pegs to hold R2 and threepio behind the seats. There is no opening hood, but there are open slots on the top engine nacelle presumably to pick up the clicking noise.

While it originally booked at high prices in guides even loose.....they tend to be quite common on eBay. I've seen dozens of them for sale in various states of condition and completeness. They always sell for reasonable prices.