Vader & R2-D2 phones

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The UK webstore BoysStuff.co.uk have got new stock of the Vader and R2-D2 telephones. They can be also delivered internationally, but they're £50 each (approx. US$90), plus shipping, and you may need an adapter and approval from your telephone provider before connecting them to a phone line.

Click on the images for more details.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I did see the R2-D2 phone being sold at an Australian webstore a while back, but when I went back a few days later to check the price the page for that item no longer existed - they must have sold out quickly. :(

Both phones have actually been around for a while. One of the presenters on a kid's Saturday morning show here a few yeaers ago had the R2-D2 one that he had on the show's set for a while. I'm not sure if these are a re-release or something, but they only got stock this month.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
I've got the Vader version of this phone - it rocks!!!!

There's no problem with using it as a phone, made a few calls with it and had no trouble. It does come with a UK connection to plug into your phone wall socket, but just throw that away and use the connection wire from your existing phone. UK is different at the wall end only, the connection at the phone is universal.

Apparently the US and Ireland phone systems are the same, so I imagine if it worked for me, it'll work in the US. Not sure about NZ or Australia, it would probably be worth checking before buying one.

In any event, its a VERY cool phone and a nice display item as well :dance: