UK fans to see Star Wars treat

Nightwing

New Recruit
1,000 fans will get to see the complete saga of Star Wars in one complete screening on May 16th - threee days before the global release of RoTS - at Leicester Square's Empire cinema.

read here for more

Nightwing

New Recruit
Buzz Bumble said:
The order they're playing them is a bit wacky though. Evidently it's 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 3. :rolleyes:
what other order would you expect them to play them in?

Expect the cinema to be empty for the first 4 hours ;)

I honestly couldn't sit for 18+ hours

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Nightwing said:
what other order would you expect them to play them in?
The obvious order: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. :)

I honestly couldn't sit for 18+ hours
There will of course be breaks between each movie.

The article says that this will be the "first and last time, anywhere in the world"
Yep, and press releases are just SO realistically believable. :rolleyes:

It may be the first to have all six movies in a marathon showing, but it's almost guaranteed not to be the last.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I'm not sure where you got 18+ hours from (maybe that was in the news article). Say an 2.5 hours per movie including breaks = 15 hours, maybe 16 hours. It's not THAT long - some people have been queuing for tickets longer than that. ;)

Personally I prefer the way TV3 here in New Zealand has been playing the movies in recent years - one each weekend in an evening timeslot (plus a couple of documentaries in other timeslots) ... although they start too late, so with advert breaks the movies don't finish until 10:30pm/11:00pm. :(

Once we've got all the DVDs you could have your own personal 'marathon' with one movie (plus the Clone Wars cartoons) per day ... you could even add in the Ewoks movies and the Droids and Ewoks cartoons for an almost complete Star Wars experience. :)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Apparently the actual running order is :-

4, 5, 6, 1, 2 and YAAAYYYY 3!!!

Celebrity guests are rumoured to be in attendance. Apparently GL is fearful that ROTS might be a flop....yeah, RIGHT!

Check it out here

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
They'll play it like that else where for sure. They said that for LOTR and it happened nearly everywhere....I worked for the press (advertising) here in my home town, I couldn't believe some of the stuff (journos) they write.......