Transformers movie

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
From E! Online:

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE: Per the Hollywood Reporter, Shia LeBeouf in final talks to star in director Michael Bay's live-action version of Hasbro's 1980s toy line The Transformers, playing Spike Witwicky, an 18-year-old out to buy his first car which turns out to be an Autobot.

Shia was in Holes and Charlie's Angels Full Throttle.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I was never really into Transformers as a kid. This live-action version sounds like a bad idea.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
There is an advert for Citroen that has the car turn into a dancing robot and back again in a Transformers-style. A watchable movie could be done .... but as said, it would cost them lots of money to be done right (not that I'm a Transformer fan anyway).

Citroen advert: AVI version or MPG version

I also stumbled across this yesterday. The first message in this topic on the Threedy Forums (read as "3D Forums") has a homemade movie of Optimus Prime that is supposedly very good ... I can't comment since they're big-ish files to download.

He even uses Darth Vader as his avatar, so it's sort-of on topic here too. :)

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
I always was a G1 Transformer fan since the beginning. And I definitely going to see this one, even if they transform Soundwave into an iPod (What will Ravage will be then????).

Michael Bay has his hits and missed, but overall he is a good choice for this movies. And also have Spieldberg as produced so it will have great effects. So, the only thing it may miss is a good story, but 2 out of 3 it ain't bad.

I read somewhere that the movie will feature 7 Autobots and 7 Decepticons. Optimus Prime, Megatron and Starscream are a sure thing. Hope to see Jazz, Bumblebee, Soundwave, Astrotrain, Ravage, Rachet and Arcee. Grimlock woulb be great, but mabe for a sequel with all the Dinobots.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Yep, it's been on TV here for a long time too, but thankfully it doesn't play near continuously like some adverts. :)

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
I'm looking forward to it. I was quite a big Transformers fan as a kid before Star Wars took over. With Speilberg and Bay behind it, we know it's going to be action packed!

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Buzz Bumble said:
I also stumbled across this yesterday. The first message in this topic on the Threedy Forums (read as "3D Forums") has a homemade movie of Optimus Prime that is supposedly very good ... I can't comment since they're big-ish files to download.

He even uses Darth Vader as his avatar, so it's sort-of on topic here too. :)

Finally managed to download this. Its been unavailable for a while as the author got so many downloads his ISP called 'limit' and shut him down for the back end of last month.

VERY worth a look. I only grabbed the smallest of the files (14mb), but was massively impressed by the quality o this short animation.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
From Cinescape.com

They posted a link for the first review of the Transformer Movie script. The good news that is was rated A+. Also it provides a preview list of the Autobots/Decepticons that may appear in the movie.

Autobots
  • Optimus Prime
  • Jazz - Exotic Car
  • Ironhide - Pick up Truck
  • Racket - Ambulance
  • Bumblebee - Camaro (What no new VW Bettle???)

Decepticons
  • Megatron
  • Starscream - F-22 Raptor
  • Devastator - M-1 Ambrahams Tank
  • Bonecruscher - Mine Cleaning Vehicle
  • Vortex - MH-53 PAV Special Ops Helicopter
  • Brawl - Police Car (Could it be a mistake and its really the autobot Prowl??)
  • Skorponok - Scorpion
  • Soundwave - Boombox (YEY NO iPOD!!)

Here is the link to the review Transformer Script Review

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Some photos from the movie set. I guess this are what be used for Decepticon Brawl.

Attachments

• TransformerMoviePic2.jpg
    TransformerMoviePic2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 308
  • TransformerMoviePic3.jpg
    TransformerMoviePic3.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 308
  • TransformerMoviePic4.jpg
    TransformerMoviePic4.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 271
  • TransformerMoviePic5.jpg
    TransformerMoviePic5.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 284

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
More Photos. This time Desvatator and Bonechrusher.

Attachments

• TransformerMoviePic1.jpg
    TransformerMoviePic1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 283
  • TransformerMoviePic6.jpg
    TransformerMoviePic6.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 275
  • TransformerMoviePic7.jpg
    TransformerMoviePic7.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 283
  • TransformerMoviePic9.jpg
    TransformerMoviePic9.jpg