This....Is....Jeopardy....2!

Barada

Saboteur
jeopardy.newspage.jpg

This thread will be the official gameboard for Star Wars Jeopardy this afternoon.

To improve speed of play, it is highly suggested that all players keep this thread open in a separate window besides being in chat, where the questions will be asked and answers given. After a topic and 'dollar value' have been picked, I will update the board so you can see which questions are left. Simply refresh the page after each question has been revealed to see the remaining topics.

See you in the chatroom at 2:00 pm EST!

for a rough idea on times, 2:00 pm EST would be:

11:00 am West Coast (California, B.C., etc.)
12:00 pm (Texas, Alberta, etc.)
1:00 pm (Indiana, etc.)
7:00 pm (UK)

Barada Trebek

Barada

Saboteur
Review of Jeopardy Game Rules

Please remember that once the game begins, it will be easier to get through this if no one is typing between the asking of each question and its answer.

1. Anyone can enter at any point in the game.

2. There will be five topics in Round 1. Each topic will have three questions, each one progressively harder. The first will be easy, and the third may require a search, although I won't make them too obscure. Points will be assigned to the three levels of difficulty (100, 200, & 300). The topics will be displayed in a 'Jeopardy' inspired game board posted here in the Contests and Games forum.

3. I will start the game with topic #1 question #1, by typing the question in the chat room. The first person to answer correctly will get to choose the next topic and point total. This will continue until all three questions for each topic have been revealed.

4. After each question has been asked, the first person to answer correctly will receive the corresponding points, and I will keep a record of totals. If an incorrect answer is given, that number of points will be deducted, to prevent a guessing game. (note: I will accept misspellings, but not abbreviations. ex. I will take mileniam falcon, but not mil. falcon - this is to make it as fair as possible to slower typers)

5. After Round 1 has finished, Round 2 will begin with slightly tougher topics, and the point totals will be doubled.

6. There will be one Daily Double in Round 1, and two in Round 2. The person who uncovers it will have up to one minute to answer correctly after deciding how much of their point total they would like to wager on the question. A correct answer will add that much to their total, while an incorrect one will deduct that much.

7. After Round 2 is finished, all participants with a positive score will be prompted to send me a PM with how much of their total they wish to wager on a Final Jeopardy question. If anyone has a negative score, they can also try to answer Final Jeopardy via PM, although they are technically eliminated from the game.

*(Note - A regular PM is unnecessary. On the right side of the chat room will be a list of those in the chat room. A double click on my name will send me a direct Instant Message - this will be easier than regular PM's).

8. Once all wagers are in, I will reveal the Final Jeopardy question. I will give everyone one minute to send me a PM with their answer, after which I will reveal all answers and totals wagered, and calculate a final score. Highest point total wins.

There will also be a 5 minute break about halfway through each round, and a 10 minute break between rounds and before Final Jeopardy.

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here.

Barada

Saboteur
Congratulations to Darthskelington on his victory today! :hello:

A fine performance by all, and thanks to Jedi Freezeman, Radiation74, Yodaman, Carl Waterworth, Mynock11, Jaguar, and Alf for participating.

A great game all around, and I hope the next one is even bigger and better!

Skel, make sure you send me your personal mailing info at barada@thebothanspy.com so I can send out your VOTC figs.

Barada

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Huge congratulations to Darthskellington!

Woulda had a go myself, even made it to the contest for a few minutes, but a huge worldwide conspiracy of various relatives and neighbours made it impossible. Maybe next time ;)

Barada

Saboteur
Aha! Were you the mysterious Darth then?

Without the Boru, I had no idea it was you Boru! Well, thanks for coming for the little bit you did, and I wish you could have participated a little more. Maybe next time,

Barada

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Thanks Boru! Funny. I automatically assumed the Darth was you Boru, yet I had check the "who's online" to figure out if it was Yoda Man at first. :p

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Next year for sure guys, I'll get a babysitter in, unplug the phone and tell all the family I've gone to Tibet :)

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
3am Japan... well, the world is round and some of us will have to be sleeping... congrats...

Jaguar

New Recruit
For some mysterious reason, two of our four computers failed to work that weekend (and continue to this day), so I had to use our third and last computer which is Internet connected. For some reason which I do not attempt to understand, my mom insisted on using THAT computer to type a document on, even though we have another computer that you can use, though not connected to the Internet. She wouldn't be put off for the hour that would give me time to finish participating.

I had a pretty good chance, too. Out of the three questions I was around for, I answered two for a total of $400, and the last was a very good tricky question that stumped us all. Good job on that question, by the way. Oh well, that's how it goes. At least I wasn't playing with the prize in mind. I only collect specific lines and types of figures for a massive scene I'm making, and the VOTC would not have a part in it, as the scene is set in the prequel era.

Any way we can find out what all the questions were? Or if not, just what the final one was. And what was the scores at the end, it was pretty close when I had to vacate the room.

Oh, and good luck to the winner. It's a wonderful thing exercise Star Wars knowledge, since it's not needed that much in competitions. I'm quite proud about one contest I won by answering 606 Star Wars questions correctly. Got some nice junk out of it.

;)

Barada

Saboteur
Well, I'm here to please, so here you go.

The top three finishers were as follows:

• Darthskelington - 2801 pts.
  • Radiation74 - 2300 pts.
  • Jedi Freezeman - 2201 pts.

Jeopardy -

The Bothan Spy
1. The administrator of the site. - Borsk
2. Name the 3 countries represented by TBS moderators. - US, Canada, Australia
3. Name one of the Commlink Sites. - Alltroops, Snowtroopers

Episode II
1. The alias for Count Dooku. - Darth Tyranus
2. Name the beast that attacked Padme in the Geonosian Arena. - Nexu
3. Name the handmaiden that died in the assassination attempt at the beginning of AOTC. - Corde

Yoda
1. The person who supplied the voice for Yoda. - Frank Oz
2. The approximate age of yoda at the time of his death. - 900 years (Daily Double)
3. In the original story treatment, Yoda was given a full name. What is it? - Minch Yoda

Toys
1. Bought out by Hasbro, this company created the MicroMachines line. - Galoob
2. Name 2 of the 3 animated series to have toy lines made for them. - Droids, Ewoks, Clone Wars
3. The last vehicle made for the vintage line that was seen in the movie. - A-Wing

Star Wars Celebration
1. The state that Celebration 1 was held in. - Colorado
2. Name of the venue hosting Celebration II & III. - Indiana Convention Centre
3. The Master of Ceremonies of the opening of CII. - Anthony Daniels

Double Jeopardy

Aliens
1. Bossk belonged to this species. - Trandoshan
2. Luke used to shoot these creatures for target practice on Tatooine. - Womp Rats
3. The race of Dexter Jettster. - Besalisk

Rebel Officers
1. The highest rank Han Solo attained in the films. - General
2. Better known for playing Cliff Claven on Cheers, John Ratzenberger played this officer on Hoth. - Major Bren Derlin (Daily Double)
3. The former Imperial Officer who switched to the Rebellion, and played an important part in the strategy of the Battle of Endor. - General Crix Madine

George Lucas
1. The first feature film he made. - THX 1138
2. George was born May 14 in what year? - 1944
3. His two youngest adopted children played cameos in AOTC. What are their names? - Katie and Jett

Planets
1. The home planet of Han Solo. - Corellia
2. According to Anakin, the moons of which planet are the home to angels? - Iago
3. The Rebel Fleet massed near this planet before the Battle of Endor. - Sullust (Daily Double)

Miscellaneous
1. Who's feet were immortalized in cement outside Mann's Chinese Theatre around 1978? - R2-D2 & C-3PO
2. Having written the novelization of Return of the Jedi, this author also wrote novelizations for other movies such as Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom, and Poltergeist. Name him. - James Kahn
3. The name of the ship used by Rune Haako and Nute Gunray in the trade blockade of Naboo. - Saak'ak

Final Jeopardy
1. After being rejected by every major studio while trying to have Star Wars made, this artist's concept drawings helped convince 20th century fox to greenlight Lucas' project. - Ralph McQuarrie

Jaguar

New Recruit
Actually, Darth Vader's footprints are also found in the same block of concrete outside Mann's Chinese Theater. It has all three with signatures of the characters next to them, not the actors. I've actually been there and took a picture of it.