The low down on CIII

This is going to be my first and I've seen some info on the official site about it. What I want to know is:

Kenny Baker will be there right?
I can bring some carded figures for him to sign?
What would the price be for him to do so?
Can I find some vintage and modern R2-D2s to purchase and if so are they going to be more expensive than normal?

If you guys can help me with these questions I can rest easy and know what to bring. :)

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
David Prowse, Ray Park, Jeremy Bulloch and Daniel Logan have been confirmed for C3. See Starwars.com for more info. As for Kenny, i'm sure he'll be there......as for prices, thats going to be interesting. what they may charge seeing this will be the "last "Celebration...or will it be?

Barada

Saboteur
At CII, you had to buy 'coupons' redeemable for an autograph. I believe they were $10 a coupon, but I'm pretty sure you had to buy them in sets. Those coupons were valid for anyone in the autograph area. You could bring in your own item to sign, but I believe it was restricted to only one item per person. There were also photos available to purchase to have signed if you didn't have anything of your own.

Once your coupon was handed in, you received a little card that asked for some info such as if you'd like your item to be personalized and to whom. Be warned though, that there were some celebrities, such as Peter Mayhew, who choose not to personalize items. Some also give you a hard time if you want, say, a vintage 12-back autographed. ;)

The exception was Carrie Fisher, who had her own special room for autographs, and I think she had a separate charge. A word of advice - within an hour of the doors opening, Fisher's line was estimated to be a wait of about 7 hours, so get there early if you want the big stars.

Chris, as for R2's to buy, there will be an incredible selection of modern and vintage. I saw the only Lily Ledy 12" vintage in my life there at CII. Prices will vary from excellent to ripoff. (Hint, hint, Brian's Toys was one of the dealers there),

Hope that answers everything. Unfortunately, after 2 1/2 years of anticipation, I have had a major issue happen at home, and there is absolutely no way I can go this time. Believe me, my heart is broken over it. :crying:

Barada

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
C3 will also have $10 coupons. Actors can charge however many coupons they want. This is good and bad. Bad because it can be a ripoff/moneymaker. Good, because it acts upon supply and demand. Instead of a seven hour line for $10, you might have a 1 hour line for $30. Not to mention, that was one of Carrie Fisher's first modern in-person signings. Since then, she's done almost every major event available.

All pictures will be provided by Offical Pix, and can be purchased at a photo booth separate from the auotgraph lines. I think the typical photo is $5. Many/if not all, will have exclusive C3 holo-stamping on them, like C2. If it works the same way, after the show, all leftover unsigned C3 stamped pictures will be destroyed, to prevent forgeries.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Like Barada said, personalization and bring-your-own items are at the discretion of the signer, although I think the price would be the same.

For some time now many celebrities have become careful about only sigining liscenced photos or products. Official Pix's rights to sell such pictures solves this problem by creating an official venue. It also creates it's own problems and obstacles for collectors.. .....sigh....

mynock11

Sith Medic
wow i already have some things for signing .. Hey chris if they have a 1 piece per person foir kenny i will get one signed for ya ...

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
One suggestion for cost-effective signing: Have everyone sign a poster. A Celebration III poster, for example. While not as character specific as photos, this option is considerably cheaper than $5 per photo times 40 signatures. Of course, I doubt anyone could afford all that anyway,but I htought I'd suggest it anyway.

mynock11 said:
wow i already have some things for signing .. Hey chris if they have a 1 piece per person foir kenny i will get one signed for ya ...
That would be great if you don't mind standing in line with me for a million hours. What are the odds my quantity is limitted. I might try to bring about 10 POTF carded variations if there aren't any problems.

Borsk: Thanks for the link. ;)

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Yup Sam L ..love his work...i know its going to be a mile (and the rest!) long lineup but it would be worth it...

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The odds of Samuel L. Jackson showing up are probably about as good as Natalie Portman or Ewan McGregor showing up.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Sammy used to sign through the mail. I got him to sign a Mace photo I sent him...maybe 4 years ago now? 99% certain it's authentic. Not sure whata ddress would work now.

I think www.wattographs.com has a current address database online (haven't had time to check it out, especially since i haven't been collecting through the mail in a while.)

The best, and ultimate address database is www.stararchive.com . Think IMDB for addresses. Since I've used it, the webmaster started charging a small membership fee to reduce site traffic. He couldn't afford to run it because htre bandwitdth was so high.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Oh well fingers crossed we'll see him. Hopefully a lot more "bigger" names will be attending. I have seen that Anthony Daniels will not be there......

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
At Celebration III Gen Con LLC, Lucasfilm's partners in producing the event, are providing free popcorn for those attending the nighttime screenings of the films of the saga. Gather with your friends, bring your lightsabers, and share the joy of watching your favorite movies with a theater full of fans who love them almost as much as you do.

What better way to get primed for the big screen experience we're all waiting for? The opening of Revenge of the Sith on May 19th.

Films of the Star Wars Saga
500 Ballroom
Indiana Convention CenterThursday, April 21
Star Wars: A New Hope
9:30 PM (right after Opening Ceremonies)

Friday, April 22
The Empire Strikes Back
6:30 PM
Return of the Jedi
9:00 PM

Saturday, April 23
The Phantom Menace
6:30 PM
Attack of the Clones
9:00 PM

I'd like to see at least ESB on the big screen, I only saw ANH on the big screen when it was re-released. I can't go to the Sat. night ones, since I'm going to the party hosted by Jabba the Hutt. :D

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I wonder if they'll be digitally projecting the new dvd versions, or the old special editions.

I thought I heard mention of screenings of the Clone Wars series a while back. That would be fun to see on a big screen.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
forums.starwars.com

From the Mary Franklin chat
When can we expect a list and timetable of C3 events?
JessaJediB: I plan to have one posted on starwars.com/c3/ and starwarscelebration.com next week.

This was asked by jediadigallia in the CELEBRATION III - TECHNICAL QUESTION AND ANSWER THREAD: REFINE YOUR DETAILS thread she is unable to get to this chat and I was not sure if you would answer it or need someone to ask..so Im asking for her
"At what point will attendees be able to enter through the Marriott skywalk entrance? Immediately after the doors open, several hours later , or just to go from the convention center to the hotel? Will I be able to go back and forth from the hotel to the convention center? Will people be allowed to line up inside the skywalk ? I won't be able to access a computer during the chat with Mary Franklin tomorrow and I was hoping I could get these questions answered. Is there a way to pre-post questions for the chat? "
JessaJediB: Attendees will not be able to enter through the skywalks first thing in the morning, and not until the lines outside have all disappeared. Later in the day, people should be able to use the skywalks to leave and enter the convention center.

Is George coming?
JessaJediB: We have invited him, and we certainly hope that he can fit it into his extremely busy schedule.

JessaJediB: Celebration II was a tremendous success, and now you've decided to add in even more space for Celebration III.
I'm sure this will help line up a lot, but can we still expect to have to wait in line for tickets for an event and then wait in line for the event itself?
If so, will the number of tickets to the main events be limited per person? (If a fan starts waiting at 6:00am and wants to see all the main events that day, will he be able to?)
We are not planning to have separate tickets for events, but rather multiple queueing areas for the major shows. Fans can wait up to two shows ahead. On the major show stages, we will empty the room after every show.

Hey Mary...How many awesome MC's will be there???
Tom Berg..hehe
JessaJediB: Warwick Davis, Jay Laga'aia, Doug Steves ... and Tom Berg from Indianapolis!

All hail the great Mary Franklin!
Can you tell us how late things are going to run each day?
JessaJediB: Till midnight or 12:30 am, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. The show closes at 4 pm on Sunday.

Are there going to be any suprise guests announced before C3?
JessaJediB: There could be...

Will the opening ceremony be at night this year? I noticed that the Episode IV showing is directly after the opening ceremony. Does this mean they will be in the same room?
My son and I had a blast at CII and are counting down the days to CIII.
JessaJediB: The opening ceremonies will be in Hall B which seats more than 5,000 people. It will be 8:30 Thursday night. A New Hope will show at the 500 Ballroom.

the announcement for this chat you are quoted as saying:
"Fans who log on for the chat will learn insider tips on what's 'not-to-be-missed' at Celebration III," Franklin says."
What are your tips on what's not to be missed?
JessaJediB: Don't miss the opening ceremonies, they're going to be exceptional. Don't miss the Stormtrooper Olympics on Thursday afternoon in the Fan Fair Hall. Don't miss the Droid Race & Obstacle Course every day in the Fan Fair Hall. Of course, don't miss Rick McCallum -- that's a must see. Be sure to make time for Star Wars: The Musical Edition, and One-Man Star Wars Trilogy. And, the Fan Club Lounge will have some great meet-and-greet sessions we have not announced yet, and that's only available to you Hyperspace members... and p.s., the Archive Exhibit is going to be amazing this year.

I attended CII and the line outside the convention center was a HUGE problem. One of the things that FC members were told before CII was that they could gain admission early to CII. For me, as well as others, this was impossible as there was FC and non-FC members standing in line together. Nobody had ANY idea as to "where" the FC or non-FC lines were. Has this problem been rectified for CIII and if so, I'd appreciate any specifics so that FC members could know where to go upon arrival. While I understand that a part of Star Wars means having to stand in line, I feel that more could have been done at CII to alleviate the problem.
JessaJediB: We will have separate lines for Fan Club and Non-Fan Club members. The Fan Club member line will start on the street under the Skywalk from the Marriott and head west down the sidewalk. You can see a convenient map in the Fan Club Members benefit article that's posted on starwars.com/c3/ . There will also be signage that marks the entrances and volunteers outdoors helping direct people to the correct lines.