The Final Showdown

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Anakin Skywalker's inevitable showdown with Obi-Wan Kenobi, was always going to be something of a stormer. Indeed, we had it pegged as a right-royal set-to that would put all but the most rowdy bar-room bundle to shame. But, if Hayden Christensen is to be believed, the final showdown in Episode III might just be the punch-up of all time.
«
Talking to Latino Review, Christensen carefully tiptoed around George Lucas' watertight confidentiality agreement and told the site about the apocalyptic lightsaber duel with his former master. "I will say, on the record, the final fight sequence in this film will, in my opinion and not having seen any of it cut together, surpass any fight sequence that has been put on film so far. It’s the longest, I can’t give you specifics, but it is quite the bad-assed fight scene. [Fight co-ordinator] Nick Gilliard has done an amazing job instilling an arc of story in the fight. It justifies, because you know Anakin and Obi-Wan have it out, but Anakin is the chosen one - he is supposed to be the best. But he comes out on the shorter end of the stick in the fight."
«
No one can argue that the duel in Attack of The Clones was impressive and the three-way fight in The Phantom Menace was truly a sight to behold so, if the bar has really been raised, fans are in for the treat of a lifetime.
«
empireonline.com