New Recruit
Marvel or Dark Horse?

I myself like the dark empire series #1-6
de01.jpg

and Crimson Empire series #1-6

crimson1.jpg

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
I liked the two issue "Darth Maul" series. Jan Duursema did some of the best artwork i've seen in a Star Wars comic. Also, "Empire" 16-18 is very good (imperial outpost trying to defend against the Amanin!) And the two issue "Tad And Bink Are Dead" is hilarious.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I've always been partial to Dark Empire, and some of the Tales of the Jedi books. Good reads and epic plots. Some of the SW comics are pretty hit and miss, although there's plenty of good ones to find. I haven't been able to keep up with them due to $$$ constraints.

I missed Sergio Stomps SW :(

Regarding Crimson Empire, I thought it was an excellent idea, but the writing and art were pretty amateur. I don't mean to diss the writers and artist, they developed the whole concept, but I think I wanted a little more out of the package. I am curious as to what Crimson Empire 3 was going to be about. It got scrapped.

That's another thing I'd love to read that never happened. There was going to be a graphic prose novel (ala Dark Forces) about Kam Solusar and him joining up with Luke. It took place between Dark Empire and Dark Empire II, and was basically Kam's origin. It was to be illustrated by Dave Dorman. I think one of the painting was published either in his book or on a trading card. Don't know if any others were ever painted, or if the story was ever completed.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Outlander was kinda neat. A cool prequel to the prequel, so to speak. It doesn't stand out so much to me now, but it was prety much the first prequel EU work published, that wasn't just an extension of the movie itself.

I love Dorman's artwork. I was lucky enought to buy some of his artists proof prints when he was selling them on his website. If I only ahd the money to matte frame them all. Plus the wall space ;) One day.......

I still haven't read the last two Dark Forces books. They got relegated to my endless reading list :( Maybe I should read them before I start NJO: Traitor.

Nightwing

New Recruit
I got Jedi Knight as a birthday present from Dave Dorman. He drew An AT-ST inside along with a message.

I also purchased an alternate pencil cover to Crimson Empire #5(I think).

I spent tons of money getting all my original artwork framed this year...still have to put it up. No way will I be able to have enough room for the special edition prints. Just got my John Bolton Army of Darkness page framed

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Most impressive, Nightwing. :)

I have some original artwork from the Essential Guide to Alien Species. The artist, RK Post, was selling it all off on ebay 2-3 years ago. Popular pieces went moderately high, but some of the EU aliens sold for only 10-15 bucks. I was lucky enough to pick up six nice pieces: Hutt, Krayt Dragon, Gamorrean, Tusken Raider, Wookie (with machette), and the swimming Quarren. I actually got to request the Quarren, as he hadn't posted it yet. They're among my favorite collectibles, which sadly remain in an envelope next to my computer.