TBS Pumpkin Carving Contest

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
<center>
100903.pumkin1.jpg
</center>
«
TBS is having a pumpkin carving contest. To enter send at least 1, but no more than 3 pics of 1 carving in jpg format to amshak@thebothanspy.com. Mulitple entries are ok, but need to be sent in separate e-mails. Subject line must say "TBS Pumpkin Entry" and include a name to identify the winner. Carvings must have a Star Wars theme. «
«
The prize will be a Holiday Edition Yoda sponsored by Federation Toys.
« <center>
101203.yoda.jpg
</center>
«
The contest starts now and ends on the 29th. The moderators of the Bothan Spy will choose 1 winner. We'll announce the winner on the 31st. Good luck!«
«

Here are some hints on photographing carved pumpkins:«
Photographing Pumpkins«

<center>
bond1.1.gif
</center>

Barada

Saboteur
Ace, you still have them from year's past? Ewwww. What are they supposed to be? Bantha poodoo? I'm sure that's what they look like by now ;)

Barada

Yoda Man

New Recruit
What I think he means is what I've done. For the past years I've made Star Wars Pumpkins, taken pictures of them digitally, and then thrown them away. I wonder if we can use those images as entries.

Also, can you enter more than one pumpkin?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
You may enter as many times as you have pumkin carvings and i have no idea how i would know if the picture of the pumpkin is taken from this year or ten years ago, so there is no limit there.

this is just for fun and after you send in your pictures here, you might want to stop by jundlandwastes.com and enter over there as well. I know they're having a contest too, but i don't know what the prize is or what their rules are.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
a template is fine. we really don't care as long as it is a star wars theme and it's your pumpkin.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Oh really???

Hmm....I better get to work. Im picking up a pumkin tomorrow. And then I will begin to work on finding a template.

Yoda Man wrote: What I think he means is what I've done. For the past years I've made Star Wars Pumpkins, taken pictures of them digitally, and then thrown them away. I wonder if we can use those images as entries.

Ace's reply; No, just like Barada said, I still have the actual pumpkins from Halloweens past. :p

AmShak wrote; ...i have no idea how i would know if the picture of the pumpkin is taken from this year or ten years ago...

Ace's reply; So true. I thought of that soon after I posted my question.

Wookiee-cookiee wrote; Maybe we should make them take a pic of their pumpkin with that day's newspaper, so we know it is a new pumpkin.

Ace's reply; Maybe wookiee_cookiee should keep her nose out of other mod's contests and stick with her own instead of trying to make it more difficult for the players. (hee-hee) *Only luvs for ya WC!* ;)

Another question. How is the winner determined? Is this contest based on certain criteria, such as; creativity, likeness, level of difficulty, etc. Or is it just a random drawing from the combined entries? So, if someone does submit in the max 3 pics vs. 1 pic they have better odds?

Just trying to determine if we should go for quality or quantity here. ;)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
if you send me 3 pictures of the same punmpkin, i will take all three images or the two best images and put them together as one image or one entry. the number of pics you send does not increase your chances of winning, unless by seeing two or more images of the same pumpkin shows something different than one would show.

My advice is to do two pictures, one with the pumpkin lighted from the inside and low light outisde and one of the pumpkin unlit with a good source of light from the outside, like a flash.

How the pumpkins will be judged ........
I will let each mod decide on what they think is important to have in a prize winning pumkin, but ..... what i will suggest and the way i will choose is .... I will pick the pumpkin that i would most like to have for my own. So, I think the word we're looking for is "cool". The "coolest" (in the minds of the mods) pumpkin will win.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
for the record......

this is wookiee_cookiee's contest but since it invovles images, i am helping out with that part of it.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
I like the idea of that days newpaper. Because, it also makes it way less likely that a TBS member would use someone elses images of a pumpkin and enter them in the contest.

A good way of preventing stuff like that, I think.

Great idea WC!

AmShak wrote: for the record...... this is wookiee_cookiee's contest but since it invovles images, i am helping out with that part of it.

Ace's reply: Yeah, kind of figured that since she is the one who initially posted about it. Just joshin' with her. ;) Sorry, my lame attempt at humor was misconstude again. :p