Target Rancor and RC astromechs found

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I noticed that the action figure aisle will be reset (again) in a week or so at Target. The big change is Transformers and GI Joe will be the main lead in, with SW and others moving to the back. The aisle will pretty much look the same as it does now, only flipped.

I did notice though that the new set will include the Target Jabba's Rancor (087-06-2066) $39.99, and the action figure scale RC astromechs (087-06-0106) $16.99. My store has one case of each in the back room already. Most stores should be setting this aisle within a week or two, IMO.

The Rancor (previously available online) is now no longer online, probably because they sent them all to stores. The paint job on the rancor looks better than toy fair photos from way back when. It's color blend is much smoother and realistic. Comes with Luke, a shackle on one wrist, and one or both hands now feature "bendy" fingers so that he can grasp any figure.

The RC astromechs are the action figure scale ones that were previously imported from japan for about $25 each. They are in new packaging. One case contains, if I am not mistaken, 2 each of R2-D2, R2-Q5 (black Death Star II R2), R5-D4, and R5-X2 (Jabbas red R5 from TPM). From past experience, I can say that these are very cool. I recommend picking up R5-X2, as he currently does not exist in the regular action figure line. However, the R5s are taller and a tad more prone to tipping over than the R2s.

Warren