SWShop Refunds

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Rebelscum posted that some people have gotten refunds from SWShop.com for their Lucas family figure set.

It originally cost $34.99, and just started shipping. This past week, however, the price was lowered to $29.99. Obviously, this irked a few people who preordered it months ago and haven't even received it.

Reportedly, people who contact SWShop customer service and complain (politely, I assume) are getting a refund. No word on those who dont' voice their concerns. I just sent off an e-mail to them regarding my order....we'll see what happens.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
They *should* probably do this automatically, but its still strange to hear Uncle george give up cash making possabilities under any circumstances.

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
Back up to $34.99 Boy is that going to tick some people off (including me) And I thought targeting wamp rats was tough...Odds are better successfully navigating through an asteroid field than nailing down the price at swshop.com

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Price hike doesn't surprise me....especially after at Rebelscum post about refunds. Do you give back $5 to everyone who ordered it, or do you fix the cause of the problem..the lower price. It's good business sense to hike the price up. Woulda been better business sense to never lower it in the first place...or...IMO...start out low :p

Barada

Saboteur
Apparently anyone who didn't request a refund before they hiked the price back up misses out on it...

I see the Fan Club is still thinking in the fan's best interests. :rolleyes:

Barada

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Booyah :p One week later, I actually get a response! Ahem:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately a system error incorrectly priced the Lucas Family Collection Set at $29.99 instead of $34.99. We have since corrected the price, but since you have discovered this error, we will honor the $29.99 price and either discount or refund your order accordingly. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

StarWarShop.com
Customer Service

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Pretty good excuse / explanation. Plausible yet unprovable either way. Call me a cynic, but dropping a price on a 'talking point' item then putting it back up could be read as a manipulative marketing strategy..........

At least they have done the honorable thing in this case.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
This past week I received a second e-mail from SWShop. Not sure who this one was sent out to...everyone..or just the complainers. :p

Dear Customer,

There has been a recent price reduction in the Lucas Family Collection Set from $34.99 to $29.99. As you may have preordered this item at $34.99, we understand any concerns you may have about this price reduction and in the upcoming weeks we will automatically issue a $5.00 refund for each collection set preordered at the original price of $34.99. We truly apologize for any inconvenience and please feel free to email us with any further concerns.

Sincerely,

StarWarsShop.com
Customer Service

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I got that email and i haven't had time to get around to complaining, so it appears that swshop.com is going to do the right thing .... give everyone the difference and fire whoever cost them the money.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Looks like they just had a pricing snafu. These things can happen. Far as I know they're legally bound to at least stick to the price at time of prchase, so anyone lucky enough to buy at the lower price would be certain of only paying that price. Don't think there's any obligation to honor the lower price for anyone who willingly bought at the higher though, so it would seem they're being fair (and perhaps a little generous even) in the interests of avoiding a PR disaster. A rare thing!