Star Wars TV series

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I think that DS9 could have really taken off if they weren't the 'other' Star Trek series...

Although Giligan's Island in space, ie Voyager, was doomed by Captain Mom... I don't have a problem with a female captain, I could have bought it if Torres was Captain, she had a captain type of aura, but Janeway, come on...

You could have a pre-Phantom type series... but only one at a time...

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Sorry Darth Boru, it looks like you're going to be a little disappointed.

Here's the latest rumour from ComingSoon.net ...

A Little More TV Show Info
It's no secret that Lucasfilm is developing a "Star Wars" TV series. The main question at the moment is what time period it will be set in. USA Today offered up a little clue as to the time frame:
George Lucas also told me at the Oscars that he's developing a 'Star Wars' TV show that would take place between the events of 'Revenge of the Sith' and 'A New Hope.'​
Seeing as how that's the best time period to tell stories from, it gets our vote.
:)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
This is from SciFi.com - it doesn't really tells us anything we didn't already know.

Star Wars TV Confirmed
Steve Sansweet, who handles fan relations for Lucasfilm, told Now Playing Magazine that Star Wars will live on in various TV projects beyond the upcoming final prequel film Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

"We are looking into all kinds of things for the future," Sansweet, Lucasfilm's director of content management and fan relations, told the magazine. "We're looking for television clearly...animation [and] we are looking into live-action television." Sansweet declined to say what kind of live-action TV programming the studio envisions.

In addition, the Star Wars franchise will continue in LucasArts games, Sansweet said. "Not only the kinds of things that are there now, but as technology progresses, we're looking at what direction that can go," he said. "We're also continuing to see how we can expand Lucas Online in various ways."

Episode III opens May 19.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Possibly a tiny bit more from ComingSoon.net ...

TV Shows Moving Ahead
Movement is already being made on the upcoming Star Wars TV shows. You can see evidence of it over at Lucasfilm.com where you can see that they are hiring people for the animated shows (and possibly the live action series). Positions include:
  • TV Character Designer
  • TV Color Designer/Tex Mat
  • TV Environment Designer
  • TV Props/EFX Designer

Apply today!
Of course, TV jobs advertised at LucasFilm don't automatically have to have anything to do with Star Wars. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
From ComingSoon.net ...

The Star Wars TV Series & Lucas Talks
'Dian' sent in this bit heard on TV in Australia regarding the upcoming live-action "Star Wars" TV series:
I was just watching the news over here in Australia and they said that the TV series will be shot in Australia and a deal will be done this June. The show will be one hundred episodes long and a hour each.​

Lucasfilm is also developing a 3D half-hour version of the Clone Wars animated series that have aired on Cartoon Network. Static Multimedia has more on this with George Lucas:
"The TV series, the animated TV series called 'Clone Wars' is about the clone wars. Some of it has been on the Cartoon Network, but we're making it into an actual half hour, 3D animation series, and the other one deals with minor characters. And the time period is between episode 3 and episode 4, that 20-year stretch, but the characters aren't any of the main characters that are in the movies."​
In that interview, Lucas also talks about "Episode III" (including spoilers) and the "Star Wars" franchise in-depth. He gave an update on Indiana Jones 4 as well:
"Yep. I got a script last week and I'm going to work with the writer next week and you know, we have a ways to go on it."​

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
From ComingSoon.net ...

Lucas & McCallum on the Star Wars Series
Australian newspaper The Daily Telegraph caught up with "Star Wars" creator George Lucas and producer Rick McCallum and asked about the upcoming TV series. Lucas confirmed that the tie-in series will be made in Sydney. He praised the city, where Episodes I and II of the franchise were filmed. "I am looking forward to coming back and working there some more," he said.

The live action show, consisting of 100 hour-long episodes, will be based on minor characters in the "Star Wars" series. "It's a spin-off, it doesn't involve any of the key characters. It's a different world unto itself between episodes three ['Revenge of the Sith'] and four ['A New Hope']."

McCallum confirmed the series was "definite as definite can be," although they will still have to work out the timing. "It's a definite that we do it - the rest we haven't discussed on any level."

He added that "George is thinking maybe we can do a series somewhere between Episode III and IV because that's the longest break [in the film series], 20 years. The Death Star takes 20 years to build, so we need to work that out."

McCallum says the series would use Sydney actors, directors and crew. Lucasfilm is also planning a separate 3D half-hour version of the "Clone Wars" animated series that have aired on Cartoon Network.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Jedi_Joel said:
If it's truly worth it. I have a bad feeling if they do all 100 at once.

I don't think they going to make all 100 episode at once. The standard season is about 20-25 episode. I my opinion they plan at least 100 episode in order to sell them in syndication later on after the initial network run.

Now the what I fear most is which network will run. Maybe it will be Fox.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
IG-PPO said:
I don't think they going to make all 100 episode at once. The standard season is about 20-25 episode. I my opinion they plan at least 100 episode in order to sell them in syndication later on after the initial network run.

Now the what I fear most is which network will run. Maybe it will be Fox.
The SciFi channel will probably be all over this.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
A bit more news from SciFi.com ...

Lucas Details TV Plans
Star Wars creator George Lucas told a conference that he will turn his attentions more to television projects, including two Star Wars-themed series, Variety reported. Lucas made the comments in a keynote talk at the annual Siggraph computer graphics conference and tradeshow. "My life's too short to become a film studio," he reportedly said.

Lucas added: "Lucasfilm is going more into television, but it's not a vision I'm running, either as executive producer or by laying out the groundwork."

The first series is a 3-D animated Clone Wars series that will be made at Lucas Animation's Singapore facility. He said he'll start scouring Asia for talent and try to build up 3-D animation there. In his proposed Star Wars live-action series, he said: "We're going do something that would normally cost [$20 million-$30 million] and try to do it for $1 million." Lucas said he'll shoot the series on a Sony digital camera system that anyone can buy at an electronics store.
Hmmm ... that last bit doesn't sound very hopeful. I hope we're going to get awful "amateur" style camerawork like the new Battlestar Galactica, Blair Witch, etc. :(

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Here's an article from Entertainment Weekly.

Attachments

• Darth Victory.jpg
    Darth Victory.jpg
    461.5 KB · Views: 280