Star Wars Over After Sith

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
seeya.jpg

MTV has an article posted on their site with a George Lucas interview. The article is further confirmation that Lucas has no intention to create a post-Jedi trilogy. However, there are two interesting nuggets:
  • Lucas does not expect Episode III to receive a PG rating from the MPAA.
  • Lucas anticipates that Indiana Jones 4 will begin shooting within the year (this is something that Spielberg has also indicated within the last week).
Lucas also discussed his desire to get back to making "indie-style movies" like THX 1138. To read the full article, click here.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Of course, we all know that Star Wars will not be "over" after Episode III, it's only George Lucas making Star Wars movies that'll be over. There will be a continuing stream of toys, novels, comics, and games for some time yet. There's also the recently confirmed early planning stages of a possible Star Wars TV series. So don't start packing away that Yoda costume yet. ;)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Buzz Bumble said:
Of course, we all know that Star Wars will not be "over" after Episode III, it's only George Lucas making Star Wars movies that'll be over. There will be a continuing stream of toys, novels, comics, and games for some time yet. There's also the recently confirmed early planning stages of a possible Star Wars TV series. So don't start packing away that Yoda costume yet. ;)
That wasn't what the title meant. It's just a shorter title, that's all.

I've read something contradicting the non-PG rating comment by Lucas. Apparently, he'd be in breach of contract to release a non-PG movie. Who knows. I'm hoping for something with a little more edge.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Two words: "Kid's movies". :)

Star Wars always has been and always will be a series of movies aimed at kids (roughly 13 year old boys). Yes, they have "family" appeal like all good movies, but they are targetted at kids. The fact that many of us first saw them as kids and have now supposedly grown up doesn't mean that the prequel trilogy should suddenly be "grown up" movies - that's almost as silly as Hollywood's idiotic trend of remaking TV / movies that are completely different to the original.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Lets face it, we're all 13 year old boys (except maybe wookie cookie, who we'd best say is a 13 year old girl :) :duck: ), even if we are approaching 13 for the second, third and even fourth time :)

Given that we had to wait over 20 years between the first and second trilogy being made, I wouldn't hold my breath for the third, but who knows. That interview with Mark Hamill (here - credit to Buzz bumble for finding this and reporting it in another thread) was mega interesting in my book!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Geez, we don't want ANY of those Star Trek fools connected to this. They've already managed to destroy the Star Trek franchise. :(

Kevin Smith?? I don't think I've ever seen anything he's done or know very much about him, but I hope George Lucas chooses VERY wisely.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't been able to find any other sites that back that story up. It's possibly bogus.

I'm a big Kevin Smith fan. He's good. He was once said that he wouldn't touch Star Wars with a 10 ft pole because he didn't want to be accused of ruining someone's childhood...