Soundtrack Release Date

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Some of you may have noticed this:

I entered the wrong date for one of the events that popped up this afternoon: The AOTC soundtrack release. The release date for this is April 23rd not March 19th. The date was incorrect for about an hour before I caught my mistake.

So, the correct date IS April 23rd. Sorry for any confusion.
:detonate:

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
No prob Borsk,
I was thinking it was wrong, because no one else was talking about it, I even went to amazon.com to check!

:angel:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
So, I listened to the soundtrack to E2 today...

I was fairly happy with it. I don't have titles for the tracks, but what I am presuming to be the "love theme" is very nice and it appears a lot thoughout the CD. Williams is also using some instrumentation that we haven't seen much of in previous Star Wars scores. Lots of harp and harpsichord. It gives it a very classical feel (think Mozart or Bach). The themes from the original trilogy are a great deal more prevalent than they were for E1. For example, we get the full blown Imperial March during one song. Some of the material from E1 makes a guest apperance here. Anakin's theme from E1 is woven in with the love theme, which is underscored by Vader's Imperial March. Nice.

Anyway, those are my thoughts after listening through it once.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Some of this stuff sounds like Danny Elfman sabotaged the orchestra. Electric Guitar?

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
It's out there as mp3s. You can find it in the usual places.

I really like this soundtrack. It might be some of the best stuff John Williams has ever done. He's very good at melding together ideas and incorporating them into his music.

:monkey2: