Silly eBay auction #3,245,831

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Look at what some idiot is trying to "sell" on eBay now.

Pay me to watch Star Wars "Revenge of the Sith"
READ CAREFULLY. You get nothing from this auction except for the satisfaction of making me watch the "Revenge of the Sith" movie! After suffering through "The Phantom Menace" and "Attack of the Clones" I was joking around with a friend and mentioned that someone would have to pay me to sit through "Revenge of the Sith."*That got me thinking, "I should put THAT on Ebay," and so, this auction: OK Star Wars loyalists, it's time to put your money where your mouth is! If you truly believe that the new Star Wars film "Revenge of the Sith" will be good and restore my faith in the franchise, prove it and pay me to sit through the film! I'll start the bidding at $21.25 -- that's the cost of two tickets valued at $8.50 each (hey, I need to bring my wife for emotional support), and 1 medium fountain beverage (we can go without the popcorn, but need to have something to throw at the screen in case Jar-Jar Binks makes an appearance). My wife and I can share the drink, we're not greedy. If you so desire, feel free to throw in a few bucks for Snowcaps, as my wife loves chocolate. Basically, you're paying me for my time (and potential pain and suffering from enduring the dialogue in the film). I hope that the film will be good, but I have my doubts. If someone actually bids and pays me to go see the film, I will donate 20% of the closing bid amount to the American Cancer Society. Isn't that generous (somewhat)? I will supply the winning bidder with a copy of my donation receipt so that you may rest assured the 20% donation is genuine. Please note that I get to keep all of the money (except the 20% of course) EVEN IF I ENJOY THE FILM (although the odds are not good). I know, "Never tell me the odds." If I do enjoy the film, simply consider your winning donation amount as payment to me for having to endure the midi-chlorian scene in "The Phantom Menace." Please provide payment no later than May 1, 2005 so that I have plenty of time to buy advance tickets (I don't like waiting in line). May the Force Be With You!

:rolleyes:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
lol

I saw an amusing auction for an Official Constantine Commemorative Spoon. It's no longer online, but the gist was it was a normal spoon. The person didn't like the movie, and the concept was the spoon was supposed to be jammed into a bodily orifice to distract one from the pain of watching the movie. Due to high demand, it was no longer available in tablespoon size. :p

I liked the movie myself.

And on to other amusing news, Lava Vader. I guess ebay only lists closed auctions for a week now, but during the past week, roughly 2000 Lava Vaders have been or are currently listed. That's 4% of the alleged 50,000 run! And that's only in the first 17 hours of release. Eight have sold for over $100, with prices ranging from $40 to $152. And I think one closed a couple weeks ago for over $200! I wish I were rich enough to bid like that.

CreepyBunny

Infiltrator
That guy must be crazy. I can also attest to the fact that there was a Constantine Commemorative Spoon on Ebay. DarthSkelington sent me a link. I got to see it with my own eyes. Also, I agree... I liked Constantine... a lot... maybe more than most people... maybe more than I should.